VIP showcase page

Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

VIP showcase page

Post by Kode »

Anyone have any thoughts on how this should work?

Current thoughts are when you click on a user, if they are a VIP it goes to their showcase page instead of their activity stream.

But what else should we put on the showcase page?

Any thoughts?
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: VIP showcase page

Post by Dybal »

What's the original concept for this? Is it supposed to be a personal blog post, images from around the site or something else?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: VIP showcase page

Post by akovia »

Dybal wrote:What's the original concept for this? Is it supposed to be a personal blog post, images from around the site or something else?
We have been kicking around ideas for a long time and are open to lots of things.
One of the ideas was a personal place where a VIP could showcase his favorite art, either their own or others they've seen on the site. (or both)
People will also be able to vote on the art in this showcase. I liked it because sometimes once a fantastic piece of art scrolls by the activity stream, then it's gone from consciousnesses and if people missed it, it's kinda lost except for the people that actually hunt for good images on the site show by show. This gives more opportunity for those great pieces of art to be exposed and properly voted on to get that coveted position as the default piece of art that media centers will grab when they access our API.
Since the bulk of the users will never actually visit the site, it's imperative that the best art gets the most votes and I want to expose those forgotten gems. Of course this also gives more exposure to the art of VIP users, but you will of course have links to the shows the art came from so you can compare and judge for yourself. Regardless, this is a way to promote your own art, as well as expose some of your favorites by other artists.

I would have to work a mockup, but I was thinking like the left 3/4 of the page dedicated to your own art and the right 1/4 to you faves by other artists. How it's actually displayed with the links and thumbs up voting needs to be worked out.

A personal blog page is not out of the question either. ;)