Problems with website when using Firefox.

bta489

Problems with website when using Firefox.

Post by bta489 »

Hi,

First of all, let me say I suspect the cause of the problems on my end, since the website works properly when using IE. Nonetheless I chose the 'Bugs'-section because it seemed to be the most suitable subforum.

So, the problems that I'm having is that most features simply don't work. It worked well in the past, but since the last wave of (great) new features (and no changed settings) the following problems emerged:
- After entering a term into the search bar, the arrow down next to search doesn't open the submenu to chose whether to search movies, tv shows, etc., but starts the search.
- The 'Reply' button only shifts the site a little downwards, but no textbox appears.
- When in a Artwork category like Movies, Music, etc. the buttons for 'latest', 'request' and 'replace' are non-functional.
- after pressing upload, it's not the usual dark overlay where you browse for the file, but a new white (blank) page with default buttons and textbox. Same with the confirmation when the upload was successful.

I updated Firefox today, no change. I'm using privacy-addons (AdBlock Plus, No Script, Ghostery and Disconnect), but all of them are set to whitelist fanart.tv or don't block anything anyway. Additionally I accept cookies from 'fanart.tv'. As mentioned early these settings worked well in the past, but now most of the site doesn't work. Any Idea what may cause the problems?
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with website when using Firefox.

Post by Kode »

Hi,

Not sure really, I've just tried in firefox and the dropdown works as expected, the reply button (i'm assuming you're referring to the one in the activity feed) works as expected, from the sounds of it, it sounds like some of the javascript isn't being loaded for some reason, can you try disabling all your extensions and if it works then enabling them 1 by 1 to see which one is causing it?
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dybal »

bta489 wrote:I updated Firefox today, no change. I'm using privacy-addons (AdBlock Plus, No Script, Ghostery and Disconnect), but all of them are set to whitelist fanart.tv or don't block anything anyway. Additionally I accept cookies from 'fanart.tv'. As mentioned early these settings worked well in the past, but now most of the site doesn't work. Any Idea what may cause the problems?
I would suspect NoScript, but Ghostery may be interferring as well. The site recently switched to https only. :D Double check your whitelistings. IIRC, you will also need to allow ajax.googleapis.com, https, to have working upload, request, etc buttons. There's also an ajax.cloudflare.com which I don't remember, and may be new.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Yeah, the cloudflare one is fairly recent as I made some changes to the cloudflare settings.
bta489

Post by bta489 »

Weird...
I just visited the site and everything works now.
I tried disabling the plugins, updated everything that could be updated but nothing worked. Now I just visited the site and everything is back to normal. :D
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Weird, I did disable a performance setting in cloudflare, maybe that was it.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Today, I have the same problem, better to see once than hear a hundred times.

in general see: http://sendvid.com/4q0t3i04

Immediately say, it is not a browsers! Checked in IE and YandexBrowser too problem. google chrome i don't use because I hate his.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

This happens to me as well quite often. Haven't been able to drill down the common denominator yet but will keep trying.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Have you tried turning off the custom script?
shevman

Post by shevman »

Kode wrote:Have you tried turning off the custom script?
Waited 4 hours after tripping, ie not immediately operates after turning off.