CDArt necessary for collections ?

leepenny

CDArt necessary for collections ?

Post by leepenny »

I have come across a few submissions recently for cdarts for collections - I personally dont think they are a necessary addition to the db primarily as one disc for a collection is unnecessary - also certain media centre programs do scrape and download these images which would mean a disc for a collection but on opening the collection folder you have all the discs for the movies anyway - other media centres dont download collection images (e.g. XBMC) and support for cdart for collections isnt used for the 'collection' but rather the images for the movies in that collection.
Any thoughts you guys - I dont want to deny good images without having first chewed it over with your opinions.
Obviously all the other images in collections are used well by most media centres but I just feel that a single cdart for a collection is wasted time and effort atm
--- discuss :)
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Re: CDArt necessary for collections ?

Post by ArieS »

I don't think they are either, but that's just my opinion :)
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Me neither
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

well, i dont know other media players or skins ... but on xbmc and nox u will have all cd-arts from the movies in the set...
maybe someone know a skin/player who uses this kind of cd-arts ?
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

I think mediabrowser (certain skins ?) download cdart for collections - I dont see the point though.
I think Nicks MCE said that he gets/got collection cdart automatically downloaded
Quote " I have also had a couple of disc images show up for a collection, where there is no such disc image for any collection, ie; Back to the Future collection has the disc for Back to the Future 2."
and he uses mediabrowser.
These images have since been moved/denied :)