Soundtrack Album Cover missing

ezz9

Soundtrack Album Cover missing

Post by ezz9 »

There is no listings with (in) movie's for the soundtracks album covers. With music artists I can add albums that are missing with the listing from musicbrainz.org but that is is missing for movies.
Where are the Soundtracks album art??
ZincRider
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Soundtrack Album Cover missing

Post by ZincRider »

Filed under "Various Artists" or the composer's name. But I agree, they would be easier to find on the movie pages.
ezz9

Post by ezz9 »

I was told that soundtrack cover-art is listed under the artist. That's madness?? I look up the movie " O Brother, Where Art Thou?" a great movie and soudtrack. I can get all this cool art and look, there is a listing on the movie page for the CD-art. BUT there is no Album-art??? Now think of the movie, we have all seen it. Got some great songs in it. Can anyone name a musical artists on the album???
(madness)>> I had to look the soudtrack up, find the names for the artist on the soundtrack, look them up here and find there missing or there is no art work for the artist.
We are going to need to fix this. Movies have soundtracks and the Movie pages needs a place for soundtrack album cover-art.
PASS IT ON :arrow: .
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi ezz9,

there are two types of 'soundtrack album':

Single artist: these include scores composed by one artist, like Star Wars - John Williams, or ones with songs by one Artist, like Batman - Prince. These will be found under the Artists name.

Various artists: these are soundtracks made up of songs from multiple artists, like 'O Brother Where Art Thou'. These can be found under 'Various Artists'.

This is so your image scraper knows to go to either the individual composer/artist for the cover, or to the Various Artists page.

If you use Kodi for listening to your music, then depending on your skin (I use Aeon MQ 5) it will automatically display fanart for individual artists(if available) when playing a 'Various Artists' album.

Hope this helps!

Esky.
ZincRider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZincRider »

It would probably make more sense to display fanart for the movie.

The problem is that music and movies use different databases. I bet implementing this would not be as trivial as it sounds.