Movie Set Images?

DrToxic

Movie Set Images?

Post by DrToxic »

Hi everyone - first time posting here in the forums, but I've been enjoying starting to actively post new artwork up on the site!

My question is this - right now we have pages with artwork archives for individual movies, but would it be possible to implement movieset support and allow separate archives for moviesets? In XBMC for example, it's possible to organize your movie library into movieset subsets, so that when you're browsing, all of the movies in a trilogy or series appear together, in order. If I open up "Fast and the Furious Collection" in XBMC, all the F&F movies appear within there, like a mini library. I have custom artwork for my movie collections which I would love to share, (e.g. "The Avengers Collection", "Harry Potter Collection", "Lord of the Rings Trilogy") but there doesn't seem to be a consistent way to do so on fanart.tv. I think it would be a great resource for those of us who want a visually different cover image for our moviesets and don't quite know where to find such an image.
leepenny

Re: Movie Set Images?

Post by leepenny »

Have you searched on fanart.tv for the relevant collections
e.g. The Avengers Collection
http://fanart.tv/movie/86311/the-avengers-collection/

The artwork is here (just not supported as automatic download in xbmc yet)
Just do a search for the collections in question an upload your stuff - if you cant find a collection on site you can enter the set id from the TMDB site and add it to our database.
Looking forward to seeing your work. :)
DrToxic

Post by DrToxic »

Oh... my apologies haha ...I feel silly for posting this now! I must not have been searching the right way/paying enough attention!

Thanks for the prompt correction and setting me straight :oops:

EDIT: Seems weird that the collections all seem to show up with (1970) as the year... maybe that's why I was skimming over them when I was reading the list. Hmm
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Ahh, that will be because collections don't return a year, I will look into that
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Hopefully the date won't show up on collections any more
DrToxic

Post by DrToxic »

Kode - confirmed. I no longer see (1970) listed as the year for collections. Thanks!