Boring Banners

Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Boring Banners

Post by Esky »

So,

In the absence of Barney "the banner man" Stinson, the artistic quality of Banners in recent weeks has dropped significantly.

So come on people, get those creative juices flowing!

Take a look at Barney's page if you need a bit of inspiration: https://fanart.tv/members/barney-stinse ... viebanner/

:D

Esky.
andyforman001

Re: Boring Banners

Post by andyforman001 »

I am posting on these again (850 and counting)..I'm a long way behind him mind..but it does take me a while as I like to treat them like a poster. by making sure the text fits in with image and working the image so its sits right in the frame.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

andyforman001 wrote:I am posting on these again (850 and counting)..I'm a long way behind him mind..but it does take me a while as I like to treat them like a poster. by making sure the text fits in with image and working the image so its sits right in the frame.
Good man ! That's what we want - a little time spent considering content and composition, and not just a quick crop of an image with a logo slapped on.
andyforman001

Post by andyforman001 »

I do get a little frustrated when that happens for both Banners and Landscape.... :)

I use textless Posters for my main movie section (itself a challenge when the only sources you can find are texted versions (!) - thank goodness members here have given me tools to clean them up), but know that Banners are popular, so I just think of them as different shaped posters.

I try to work to the view that every layout should look as amazing on screen as I feel my Posters view does.

I even do two versions of EVERY fanart I have - one that works for the RIGHT view I use (so everything shifted over, so not hidden by the poster - that can sometimes take a lot of manipulation of the source) and one for the site :)

For me the image isn't just about itself but also how it comes together with all the other images and overall layout people might chose in their set up view. Giving just one example, I really appreciate it when people find unique images for the cdart, so its different alongside my posters :)
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hee hee ... I use Right List view as well, so know what you mean about the backgrounds ... I've had to flip a lot of mine so the poster doesn't obsucre the main elements of the image :)