Use your fanart.tv username and password to login to this forum, if you don't have one, clicking on register will take you to the registration form on fanart.tv

Finally watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy was kind of s

Finally watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy was kind of s

Postby cristomike2 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:10 am

Subreddit Icon
r/movies
•Posted byu/JaguarPF
1 day ago
Finally watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy was kind of surreal
Discussion
I'm mostly a sci-fi and dystopia person when it comes to the major franchises, so I never managed to get into LoTR when it was initially hitting cinemas. I attempted the books a few years later and became convinced that maybe fantasy isn't my thing. I often made fun of it just being about walking trees for three hours.

I just watched the trilogy now, thanks to the lockdown and Netflix, and I am positively blown away by what was achieved here. Peter Jackson's adaptation almost sounds mad when I realise what he and his team actually had to do. For such a vast story to be told in such a concise and well-produced way is incredible. The thing that really struck me is how important character was, and how expertly it was developed throughout the trilogy. My idiot former self thought that it would mostly be dragons and battles but I found myself fully invested in their growth and how Sam's friendship and loyalty tugged at my heartstrings. That even the supporting characters were so pivotal to the plot, as opposed to being cannon fodder was genuinely impressive. No minute of screen time felt wasted or undeserved. I have not seen any other adaptation of a fantasy work which handled all of its moving parts so well and with so much respect. https://19216811.cam/
cristomike2

Re: Finally watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy was kind

Postby marksmithn » Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm

The best movie . but unfortunately the lord of the ring is not available on netflix Australia . i changed my proxy only for this movie bought vpn to access american netflix in Australia https://www.getamericannetflixinaustralia.com/
marksmithn

Postby jasonbagley71 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Yes, the story of The Lord of the Rings is quite interesting I am not a big fan of watching this kind of movie because I like a different genre. First time I listen about LOTR from a school friend but I would say that he was unable to convenience me for it. However, when I read the discussion in different social groups I decided to add this to my list. The movie wasn't available on my Netflix library so I had to take the help of a VPN in order to stream: https://www.vpnranks.com/best-vpn-for-netflix/
jasonbagley71

Postby StevenBrown » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:54 am

I have been many watching many such movies and shows but i found a few alternatives listed on Techlectual.com and these alternatives helped me out to watch my favourite shows. While stay at home due to Covid19 it was important to identify such resources to accomdate your time with such entertainment.
StevenBrown

Postby marrryjr » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:16 am

Lord of the ring is one of the most favorite movies I used to watch different types of the movie while working that's a little bit scary for other persons lol I had watched many sequels I love to this kind of movies now on these days my heart go with Fantastic Beast although I am watching Netflix watching usa content through us ip address cause my Netflix not showing many things it's a headache because I am using another mediums to watch ultimate movies.....
marrryjr

Return to Music Section