HOWTO: Add album to the database

zorensen
Admin
Admin

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

Post by zorensen »

We're all here to help, so don't be afraid to ask! ;)
It's our pleasure to help you out!
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
shades79

Post by shades79 »

I haven't been able to successfully add any release group IDs, I keep getting "Not a valid release group id".

For example; d51ac16b-ca24-43f5-942a-10fee6ba5a13 (Gimme Something Good) can't be added to Ryan Adams.

I've tried other release groups and other artists without success, is it something simple I'm missing?
ixdvc

Post by ixdvc »

I tried with the ID copied from the page you linked to. It did not work. Then I copied the id from the address bar and the album was added. Maybe a space was copied when selecting the id on the page.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

That's right :)
The IDs are really strict, to put it like that. If you copy a space and paste it into the form, it will not work. Make sure that you just copy the MBID, and nothing more :)

Then it will work just fine :)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
shades79

Post by shades79 »

ixdvc wrote:I tried with the ID copied from the page you linked to. It did not work. Then I copied the id from the address bar and the album was added. Maybe a space was copied when selecting the id on the page.
Thanks, I gave that a go and it worked (kind of). What I've found is that if I keep trying with the same clipboard data it will eventually accept the ID at random. Sometimes the first time, sometimes the twelfth time ;)
It could be a browser/plugin issue at my end (Chrome).
zorensen wrote:That's right :)
The IDs are really strict, to put it like that. If you copy a space and paste it into the form, it will not work. Make sure that you just copy the MBID, and nothing more :)

Then it will work just fine :)
I've been careful to not include any spaces, I don't think that's the problem I've been having.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

could be musicbrainz rejecting the requests
shades79

Post by shades79 »

Kode wrote:could be musicbrainz rejecting the requests
That sounds like likely, thanks.
quigonjean

Post by quigonjean »

Hi, i'm new member in fanart.tv. i've experiencing trouble adding album using MBID. sometimes it worked at the first attempt, sometimes needs several times for the ID to be added. but lately i had trouble adding album under non-album categories, like compilation or live album for example. MBID that listed under album category seems easier to be added. is adding album only for album category? actually this is my first time adding a compilation album so i'm wondering :?
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Yes, @quigonjean. I have noticed this myself too. Sometimes you need to try several times with the MBID and you'll get a error message the first times. Suddenly it goes through and are added to the database. I'll have to ask our site admin, Kode, about this. Not really sure if there's anything we can do about that, but he's the one to answer that ;)

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
andyforman001

Post by andyforman001 »

I appear to be making a mess of this....so it wont let me add an album as the artist isn't on but for the life of me I cannot work out how to add the artist!!!

This is the artists page

http://musicbrainz.org/artist/de78bdca- ... e33917ce34

Composer of 13 Assassins soundtrack..

Thanks Andy