HOWTO: Add album to the database

M1GHTY M4VS
Veteran
Veteran

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

Post by M1GHTY M4VS »

andyforman001 wrote:I appear to be making a mess of this....so it wont let me add an album as the artist isn't on but for the life of me I cannot work out how to add the artist!!!

This is the artists page

http://musicbrainz.org/artist/de78bdca- ... e33917ce34

Composer of 13 Assassins soundtrack..

Thanks Andy
While on the MusicBrainz Artist Page go to Edit

Copy the Artist MBID and add it here
https://fanart.tv/?s=Endo&sect=2

I Used the sort name from MusicBrainz, which is Endo and searched for it under Music on FanArt.tv.

If It is really not there add the copied MBID to the right where it asks you for the musicbrainz.org id adding.
andyforman001

Post by andyforman001 »

cheers for the reply....I still could not get it to work though weirdly both the artist and album are now on the site??? Now having the same problem with another artist Mark Mancina who did Con, Bad Boys and Speed among other things
M1GHTY M4VS
Veteran
Veteran

Post by M1GHTY M4VS »

Mark Mancina didn't show for me, researched again with just Mancina - there he is. It maybe takes some time for them to appear once you have a no show of the artist.
If you add the MBID nonetheless it should take you right to the entry page where you can add whatever you desire.
andyforman001

Post by andyforman001 »

Yeah he shows for me now when even searching for Mark Mancina...most confused :)

Cheers Andy

................figured out where I was going wrong...all sorted and adding away
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

I'm waaaay behind answering here.. Sorry about that.

The most important bit for adding album covers to the database is to get the release group ID, and not the release ID. If you are sure to use the release group, it won't be a problem adding the release to the database. However, in some rare cases the database won't accept the ID. Just keep trying a couple of times if you are absolutely sure about that you have the release group ID and it will finally work out just fine :)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
LarsHP

Post by LarsHP »

Hi, newbie here. I have tried to upload an album cover, but even though I get a confirmation, it doesn't seem to get uploaded to the site. Artist is Helene Bøksle and album is "Det hev ei rose sprunge". I did manage to get the artist registred and I do find the album(s) also, but after uploading and confirmation - nothing seems to happen.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi LarsHP,

once you've uploaded an image, it will need to be approved by a moderator. This may take a day or two (sometimes more) depending on how much artwork there is to deal with.

I can see on the dashboard under pending submissions, that you have uploaded 3 versions of 'Det hev ei rose sprunge' by 'Helene Bøksle'. I would advise that you go into the dashboard and delete two of them to cut down on the work the mods have to do.

To do this, hover over 'fanart.tv' in the very top left of the main site page. Then the word 'dashboard' will appear. Click on this and you will see menus down the left hand side for the different sections - Music Fanart, Movie Fanart & TV Fanart.

Choose: Music Fanart / My Submissions - Then you can click on 'Album Cover' section to see covers you have uploaded. From here you can click the 'Delete' button next to the duplicates you want to get rid of.
Note .. the delete button only works from the 'My Submissions' menu of each section.

This process can be used to check on the status of what you (and other people) have submitted, and to delete things that you have submitted in error.

Hope this helps.

Esky
LarsHP

Post by LarsHP »

Esky wrote:Hi LarsHP,

once you've uploaded an image, it will need to be approved by a moderator. This may take a day or two (sometimes more) depending on how much artwork there is to deal with.

I can see on the dashboard under pending submissions, that you have uploaded 3 versions of 'Det hev ei rose sprunge' by 'Helene Bøksle'. I would advise that you go into the dashboard and delete two of them to cut down on the work the mods have to do.

To do this, hover over 'fanart.tv' in the very top left of the main site page. Then the word 'dashboard' will appear. Click on this and you will see menus down the left hand side for the different sections - Music Fanart, Movie Fanart & TV Fanart.

Choose: Music Fanart / My Submissions - Then you can click on 'Album Cover' section to see covers you have uploaded. From here you can click the 'Delete' button next to the duplicates you want to get rid of.
Note .. the delete button only works from the 'My Submissions' menu of each section.

This process can be used to check on the status of what you (and other people) have submitted, and to delete things that you have submitted in error.

Hope this helps.

Esky
Thanks! I didn't know I could see my uploads anywhere. I will delete the two first submissions.
LarsHP

Post by LarsHP »

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I am getting a strange message here when trying to upload the cover for Kitaro: An Enchanted Evening.
( https://musicbrainz.org/release/8c3c860 ... c74f22207b )
First I checked that the album is not present/visible under the artist. When pasting the MBID in the "Add Album" field, FanArt runs a check and tells me to add the artist first even though the artist is there. This apparently happens because the album is already in the database. In my opinion the reply from the site should be to come up with the correct album, or to tell me it is already present and ask me to use the "Upload" button under "Album Cover" etc.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi there,

As the artist is already present ... just click the "Upload" button for album covers. There you will be shown all the available albums to choose from that are already defined to the database.

"An Enchanted Evening" is already listed, so you do not need to add it to the database again.

You would only need to add the album if it was not listed in this section.

Hope this helps,

Esky.