Page 5 of 6

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:26 pm
by Taravilyaion
"I am in an artists page, and when trying to add an album I get "Please add the artist before adding albums for that artist". I am already in the artist page. ???"


Same here..

Band: Gymir
Single: The Return of the Raven

(http://musicbrainz.org/release/313cfee0 ... 0e101e0996)

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:26 pm
by Esky
Taravilyaion wrote:
"I am in an artists page, and when trying to add an album I get "Please add the artist before adding albums for that artist". I am already in the artist page. ???"


Same here..

Band: Gymir
Single: The Return of the Raven

(http://musicbrainz.org/release/313cfee0 ... 0e101e0996)


You need to add the release group id, not the release ...

http://musicbrainz.org/release-group/af ... 6a5904a037

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:47 pm
I'm following the instructions, and trying to add an album from Albert King. It's in the MusicBrainz DB, but when I paste the MBID into the form here, I get a message saying that I need to add the artist first, but Albert King is already on the site. I'm confused. The album is "Thursday Night In San Francisco" MBID 699e50c3-ec84-48dd-b6d4-56b4f143f4bc

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 pm
by Esky
[email protected] wrote:I'm following the instructions, and trying to add an album from Albert King. It's in the MusicBrainz DB, but when I paste the MBID into the form here, I get a message saying that I need to add the artist first, but Albert King is already on the site. I'm confused. The album is "Thursday Night In San Francisco" MBID 699e50c3-ec84-48dd-b6d4-56b4f143f4bc


Not sure where you got that MBID from. The release group id for 'Thursday Night in San Fransisco' is 03de5874-a039-3c97-b037-61f3564b3ff0

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/0 ... f0/details

Album has now been added

:)

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:58 am
by M1GHTY M4VS
I can't seem to add release groups from musicbrainz since the latest replication issue. Fanart acknowledges the MBID as added but they don't appear on the popup menu of the Album.

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:41 pm
by McVicar
You also have to add the musicbrainz_releasegroupid and not the musicbrainz_albumid from musicbrianz which is on the website. Unfortunately you have to go the complicated way over MusicBrianzPicard to get to the musicbrainz_releasegroupid. But apparently no more albums can be added. The bugs already registered!

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:28 am
by Chris Neville
How can I add this album cover to the list of uploaded album titles?

I've found the release I.D. page.

Here is the link: https://musicbrainz.org/release/b52d23b ... 1b/details

When I click on external links to get the release I.D. (which it looks like you have to do now) I can't find the releae I.D.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:01 am
by McVicar
First you need Musicbrianz Piccard
Https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
  On the website of musicbrianz you can find under detail the MBID .
musicbrianz.details.JPG
details
musicbrianz.details.JPG (18.16 KiB) Viewed 13456 times

You insert it with Piccard under album and press enter.
piccard.JPG
enter
piccard.JPG (40.81 KiB) Viewed 13456 times
 

The number indicated here blue is then added to fanart.
Musicbrianz.jpg
blue
Musicbrianz.jpg (537.75 KiB) Viewed 13456 times

add album.JPG
fanart
add album.JPG (23.79 KiB) Viewed 13456 times

Finished

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:28 pm
by ZincRider
Chris Neville wrote:How can I add this album cover to the list of uploaded album titles?

I've found the release I.D. page.

Here is the link: https://musicbrainz.org/release/b52d23b ... 1b/details

When I click on external links to get the release I.D. (which it looks like you have to do now) I can't find the releae I.D.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.


Click "see all versions of this release" to go to the release group's page and then copy the ID from your browser's address field:
Image

Re: HOWTO: Add album to the database

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:49 pm
by McVicar
auch eine gute idee
Click "see all versions of this release" to go to the release group's page and then copy the ID from your browser's address field:
Image
;) ;) ;)