Musicbrainz release groups

Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Musicbrainz release groups

Post by Kode »

When adding a new album to the site you must use the release group not the individual release.

Take this for example:

http://musicbrainz.org/release/66ad1114 ... 9b/details

If you try adding 66ad1114-3a27-4cde-be70-45a5b9bf139b as the id, it will not work, that is because the id is for a specific release within the release group.

Underneath the title it says:
~ Release by KISS (see all versions of this release, 9 available)

If you click on the link to see the other versions, this will take you to the release group (this can also be seen in the url musicbrainz.org/release-group/541eb339-d0c6-3740-b665-8ad6c09da331), then all you need to do is click on details and you will have the correct id
funsalad

Re: Musicbrainz release groups

Post by funsalad »

This same problem tripped me up for many hours over several days, I was quite P.O.ed about it, came very close to giving up on this website altogether, then somehow tonight finally figured out where to copy the correct group id from (that actually works!).
Not the greatest system, could be a lot easier if you had some kind api plugged into the musicbrainz database so that you don't need to leave the fanart.tv website to add a new album.
Just sayin'.

Otherwise, kudos to an overall great site.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

True, but we want people to actively participate on the third party sites as well otherwise we would have to maintain a seperate list which would be a nightmare.
ArturLP

Post by ArturLP »

Thank you. I'm new to the site and i was having trouble to put images.