Music CoverArt tutorial?

superblast

Music CoverArt tutorial?

Post by superblast »

I recently discovered fanart.tv and am really impressed with the quality of the uploaded images. I'd love to contribute some cover art but would like to know the best techniques for scanning, restoring and resizing CD artwork so they'll look their best and be accepted on this site. Does anyone know of any good tutorials on the subject?

One question in particular is what is the easiest way to crop an image in Photoshop so that it's perfectly square. I know I don't want to use the resize function since that would distort the image.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Music CoverArt tutorial?

Post by Kode »

superblast

Post by superblast »

Ah, thank you for the link. I looked in Tutorials under all the Music categories but didn't see any.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Yeah the section is new and hasn't been officially launched yet
ixdvc

Post by ixdvc »

superblast wrote:One question in particular is what is the easiest way to crop an image in Photoshop so that it's perfectly square. I know I don't want to use the resize function since that would distort the image.
You can use the crop tool (C on your keyboard) and set the aspect ratio to 1:1.
shades79

Post by shades79 »

ixdvc wrote:
superblast wrote:One question in particular is what is the easiest way to crop an image in Photoshop so that it's perfectly square. I know I don't want to use the resize function since that would distort the image.
You can use the crop tool (C on your keyboard) and set the aspect ratio to 1:1.
Hold shift while using the crop tool for a square.