HD logo for composers - text to use??

andyforman001

HD logo for composers - text to use??

Post by andyforman001 »

Hi

I have a lot of soundtrack albums in my music section in addition to 'normal' albums.

For artists of the normal albums such as Prodigy it is easy to have a logo as these are taken from their albums....however I dont have any logos for my composers, even someone with a lot of entries on the database such as John (Star Wars) Williams.

This is most likely because on their albums their names appear in plain text and in secondary spot to the title of the film they have composed for....

So my question is can I / we start adding HD logos for these composers in a standard text?

I've got blanks in my media views I would like to fill so I plan to complete them myself anyway but wanted to make them available to all of we can agree a format / text to use.

The only other thought I had was to acquire the text used for their films and make them out of those texts...e.g. so create one for Mr Williams using the Harry Potter text...but this of course will be a greater challenge AND be dependent on gaining the font?

Thanks Anrew
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Re: HD logo for composers - text to use??

Post by zorensen »

hmmm... Good point about this.
I think you should just make yourself a logo that you really like for the composer.

For example Hans Zimmer, I think a generic font that looks good would do the trick :)
These guys really don't have any flashy logos, do they? :P
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
andyforman001

Post by andyforman001 »

I'll see what I can come up with :)

Hans Zimmer is one of the few that already has a generic entry (probably why you mentioned him :) ) so I'll look into something similar for others..perhaps review their own web pages if they have them for ideas....

Currently I have loads of soundtrack covers I'm working on and then adding but balancing against the 16 limit upload :)
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

For composers, particularly classical, I prefer to see if I can't find a signature of theirs I can turn into a "logo." I've got a few examples submitted to the site, and it works really well if you can find one.