How to add artist?

gshodg

How to add artist?

Post by gshodg »

I wanted to add some music artist background fanart, however the artist (Paddy Casey) is not in the fanart.tv database. The closest tutorial I can find, is the one to add a missing album - but that starts with "find the artist", so I can't as the artist isn't in fanart.tv database!

The artist is on musicbrainz MBID: d36a3897-f76d-4227-be80-d0d7282ff12a

I'm keen to add to fanart.tv - but I can't find any information for how I add this artist.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Re: How to add artist?

Post by zorensen »

Hi buddy!

It's very easy to add artists to the fanart.tv database ;)

First you need to find the MBID for the artist, as you've already done.
Then search for the artist you want to add through the search field at the top of the page here on fanart.tv.

Click on "Music results" in the left side of the search results. The site won't display the artist you're looking for, since we don't have that artist in the database. Now look on the right hand side of the page. At the bottom of the right sidebar, you have the form under "musicbrainz.org id". Paste your MBID for the artist here and click on the "Add" button.

You will then add the artist to the database if the MBID is correct and if we don't have the artist in the database already ;)
Easy, wasn't it? :P
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
AlfredENeumann

Post by AlfredENeumann »

Hi,
I tried exactly in this way with the artist "Haindling", MB-ID 3faa1142-e9d3-487c-9513-5938c2855607.

If I do so, and after I try to enter an Album MB-ID 485ee76c-24c9-43bf-857c-67def14489c7, I get the message "Please add the artist before adding albums for that artist".

Is there something going wrong, or do I just have to wait some time (hours, days, ...) until the database is up to date?

Thanks Alfred
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/4 ... c5a8eceee2
is the RELEASE GROUP of the artist - you were trying to enter just a release - you must always find the album and use the release group MBID not the singular relase
You can see the album already exists on the db ;)
AlfredENeumann

Post by AlfredENeumann »

Thanks for the fast answer; once again the error was located in front of the screen.... :shock: