Templates missing?

Mordred

Templates missing?

Post by Mordred »

It looks like all the templates are missing from the site. I tried a search but apparently "template" is too "common" a word to search for, so I have no idea if someone else has reposted them on this forum. In the spirit of sharing (and ease of moderation), I thought I'd give you my updated versions of the cdart and vinylart (vinyl cdart) templates.

cdart: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/239 ... v3.5.8.psd (3MB)
vinylart: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/239 ... v1.0.6.psd (35MB)

Please use these templates when submitting either of these two art styles.

The vinylart template is a little more complex than the cdart one. To properly create vinyl art, you'll need to know what size the vinyl is (12", 10", 7" etc.). Colored vinyl can be created using the "hue" vinyl layer. There's also a layer for translucent vinyl. There are some other fancy layers to make custom (non-scanned) vinyl look great, but typically those won't be needed if working off an image. Let me know if you have any problems with these.

Both were saved in CS6, and hopefully there aren't any backwards compatibility issues.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Templates missing?

Post by akovia »

Hey Mordred,
I think most of the templates are in the TEMPLATES FOR IMAGES tutorial.
I didn't see the vinyl template there so maybe you could add it?
If not, let me know and I can get it done.

Cheers

P.S. I think the was the forum post you were thinking about.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

The individual media pages have a tab for templates under all the different types, but those are blank right now. Not sure when they disappeared.

I'll check out that page and see if I can't figure out how to add the vinyl template to it. BTW, I don't want to unilaterally update the cdArt template, but I made some corrections to a few things over the years and added a few "features" to create slightly more realistic cdArt... at least for the music. I don't want to unilaterally replace it (and I don't know how to make a version for GIMP) so if some of the other mods could look over it and see if they think it's better/worse and whether it should replace the one we currently have.

Thanks!
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Hi Mordred, I'm not sure when they dissapeared either! I probably added the tutorials bit and forgot to link up to the new section
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Updated Templates Tutorial to reflect Mordred's additions and the CDArt logos provided by Shevman.

I also Converted most of the PSD's to Gimp XCF, as well as added the universal template images that Kode initiated last year.
These images have been inserted into the gimp templates. If someone wants to insert them into the Photoshop files as well, that would be great.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Thanks guys!