Explicit album covers allowed ?

MrTinkertrain
Veteran
Veteran

Explicit album covers allowed ?

Post by MrTinkertrain »

Hi there,

Just wanted to find out if there are rules regarding uploading (very) explicit album covers ?
The reason I'm asking is because there are some very explicit/disturbing/sick album covers out there, especially in the extreme metal genres like goregrind and grindcore.
I'm pretty numb to those types of covers myself, but I could understand that some people might be offended or something
komakino

Re: Explicit album covers allowed ?

Post by komakino »

I don't think that's a big deal.
Eventually, the only ones who get to see these covers are the ones who listen to such music.
I know that some covers are really disgusting, which make Cannibal Corpse's covers look like the ones of a kindergarten matinee band.
But there is such thing as freedom of art, and as a mod, one should be actually prepared to see some explicit imagery, right? :D
ZincRider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZincRider »

Judging by the number of penis albums I've seen here, I believe that explicit covers are not a problem. :lol:
MrTinkertrain
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MrTinkertrain »

komakino wrote:I don't think that's a big deal.
Eventually, the only ones who get to see these covers are the ones who listen to such music.
I know that some covers are really disgusting, which make Cannibal Corpse's covers look like the ones of a kindergarten matinee band.
But there is such thing as freedom of art, and as a mod, one should be actually prepared to see some explicit imagery, right? :D
I agree :D
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

I was hoping that a music admin would chime in on this, but I can only say that if it was commercially sold that I think it's fine.
Art is still Art.
Anyway, I'm hoping the new site will allow you to mark an image as explicit. That way people with sensitive eyes and sensibilities can avoid contact.