Thanks for reminding me why I stopped uploading album art.

KLFofLegion

Re: Thanks for reminding me why I stopped uploading album ar

Post by KLFofLegion »

Double Standard!

It kills all motivation for me.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Double standard won't be accepted here on fanart.tv.
Let me just be crystal clear; Without the contribution of you users, this site wouldn't be anything at all.

I am the Music Admin on the site, and if you feel like something is unfair, you have been mistreated or you have any questions around the music section at all - please PM me. I will gladly answer any of your questions and make sure that our users comes first in this community.

Hope to hear from you all if you need any help or assistance.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
komakino

Post by komakino »

Have the things settled down in the meantime?
Last time I made like 50 submissions for hard-to-find album art, of which 2 or 3 were approved.
Is it worth to come back or should I better wait a lil bit?
Silverfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Silverfox »

komakino wrote:Have the things settled down in the meantime?
Last time I made like 50 submissions for hard-to-find album art, of which 2 or 3 were approved.
Is it worth to come back or should I better wait a lil bit?
I can't speak on behalf of anyone else let alone Zorensen, but I have a gut feeling it is not. (I'd sooner advise beach goers it's safer to go back into the water despite numerous reports of sharks in the area than venturing to put up images here once again.) On the other hand, and the following is just a suggestion, you might want to play it safe and make a note in the comments section to have certain moderators you *TRUST* look over your stuff. Despite not having done so yet, that is what I will be doing with certain replacement images. I am looking forward to submitting them since I failed to do so months ago. But whether they be replacement images or those that I have waiting on the side, I'd sooner have them sit in the pending section for days or even weeks on end than you know who overlooking them for approval or denial. I don't necessarily believe in karma, but life can indeed be a bitch. Speaking of which, and borrowing a line from an old Aerosmith song, it's the same old song and dance. At least once or twice a week since I last posted here on this thread I have been checking out some of his submitted images as well as those he has denied and approved. In a nutshell: Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. :?
Silverfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Silverfox »

Fuck it, I just don't really care too much at this point. I'm going against my better judgment and say the following. Perhaps I'm doing so in the event I get banned. And if that happens at least I know that everyone -- whether now or in the near future -- will have seen this post and what Fanart has been willing to allow while looking the other way, but also recognize ezz9 for the bloody idiot that he really is! Moments ago I sent a very lengthy private message to ArieS and Zorensen. Yep, it was a doozy! One can kind of say I was merely putting all my eggs in one basket *and* perhaps a pummeling of sorts regarding that bloody idiot. In order to keep things to a minimum I'll only outline the basics here.

I woke up this morning and noticed the following via my e-mail account. One of the very first images I probably put up when I joined Fanart (late 2015?) and it wound up getting denied after all this time. Here's the link (right below) with comment for it's denial: "bad crop bottom & is a duplicate"

https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/deny/bri ... 7d74d1.jpg

Here's the Discogs link to that very image I submitted here on Fanart 7-8 months ago (the first three images were supplied by me two or three years ago and the fourth one is by someone else):

https://www.discogs.com/Judas-Priest-Br ... se/2996255

Again, keeping things to a minimum. His reason(s) for denying it -- after all this time? Really!? -- are bogus and just plain absurd. Putting aside the mere fact that I tried to mimic my vinyl Lp copy of 'British Steel' and kind of failed in the process, I wound up ditching any such notion and just went with the spankin' kick-ass scans of the 1991 Japanese CD edition. It goes without saying I own the latter. I highly doubt I would have submitted my own prepped images to that particular entry over at the Discogs website if they weren't from my own scans.

I think the reason why he decided pull that crap (i.e., deleting it entirely) is because of the following: 1) I'm quite possibly his biggest critic here on Fanart 2) he is indulging in some payback because of my comments here *and* privately to him many months ago 3) his left hand does not know (or want to know!) what his right is doing (READ: Double standard, pure and simple) 4) he's a bloody idiot!!! At a bare minimum -- I repeat, at a BARE MINIMUM -- here's what he should have done....

Under the entry for the British hard rock band, UFO, here on Fanart there's an image for their 1979 live album, 'Strangers In The Night', in which I pointed out to him privately that it's not "overly cropped" simply because it's the exact same image for the 2008 remastered edition. Here's the image....

https://www.discogs.com/UFO-Strangers-I ... se/8080354

Even taking into consideration that it was "overly cropped" (technically it is not unless one compares it with the original 2-Lp version from '79 or the first batch of CD editions from the late 80's -- I happen to own the U.S. CD version from 1987) he could have done for my image of 'British Steel' to what was done for the UFO image. Placed it under 'This Images Needs Replacing'.

So, in case I get banned from Fanart for my critiques and brazen remarks it was nice knowing a number of you guys. You know who you are. Oh, forget the numerous images I have on the side waiting to see the light of day here on Fanart (ironically enough a good deal of them are various cover versions from around the world from practically every Judas Priest album), I'm not going to even bother putting up long overdue replacement images. I'm SICK AND TIRED of this crap in general and that bloody idiot in particular! This website stands or falls on the backs of every contributor who has submitted images from day one. Not some fuckin' asshole "lone wolf" moderator whose personal agenda, raison d'etre, *and* modus operandi is to become #1 in almost every conceivable category and the hell with everyone else.
KLFofLegion

Post by KLFofLegion »

He is so damned right.
I will cancel my account here.
I had been here before with my first account and roundabout 100 uploads. I tried a new start with new account, because i had no chance to get approved any image anymore. Reason: i criticized the king.
I thought that fanart could be my new obsession with the task to make it the best cover site.
But i was put down to cruel reality very fast two times.
Theres no chance to get along with ezz9, because all decisions depend on his disrespectful double standard mind.
He criticizes nonexistent issues that are part of the original coverart only to show that he is almighty.
Silverfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Silverfox »

A sad day here on Fanart. I just noticed earlier the contributor, KLFofLegion, deleted his account. :( I wonder who else has done so since this thread has started? I wish I can say I'll be following suit, but I'm not going down without a fight *OR* unless they ban me. The only thing I'll be doing is *NOT* supplying any more images. Replacement or my very own. I'm stating the obvious but it needs to be said....

Seeing the type of person I am I can go at it alone. But in a number of respects I do not care to. When all is said and done there needs to be a group effort or else nothing -- NOTHING(!) -- is going to change. To everyone and anyone reading this post of mine, are you going down (or away) without a fight? Are you going to let that fuckin' asshole get away with all manner of horse shit?! The following saying uttered by a "marginal Jew" (or Lord and Savior depending on one's perspective) is quite apt at this point: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." The latter perhaps needs to be fully digested by the powers that be (e.g., ArieS and several others) more than the contributors. I can say so much more, e.g., pointing out the latest round of 'double standard' horse crap from a name that dare not be named. But why bother flogging a dead horse (which I'm pretty good at if I don't mind saying so myself)? What I will say is that I believe there's a possible meeting of the minds, so to speak, later on in the day via IRC (link further below) and I'm hoping to *FINALLY* be there with bells and whistles. Oh, I believe it's either 2-2:30 p.m. [E.S.T.] where I am at but technically it's 8-8:30 p.m. [B.S.T.]. One needs to check things out on their end depending on what part of the world one lives.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/#fanart.tv

I hope others who are just as concerned as I am *and* really do care about preventing this kick-ass site from going to shambles will be there. If not today hopefully at some future meeting. Unless we stand together -- and I firmly believe it's the only way possible -- that asshole will not only win but be laughing it up at our expense. All the way to the bank as the old saying goes here in the U.S. I will leave with the following from a classic late 70's comedy from here in America. In addition to some comedic relief, in more ways than one it speaks volumes to what has transpired on this website in the past number of months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE
Silverfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Silverfox »

:::sigh::: Good heavens, I have to *REALLY* wonder why I'm even bothering. Oh yeah, silly me. I'm pretty good at it so I might as well keeping flogging a dead....asshole! I can't believe my beloved Motorhead is getting a "make-over", and one that any TRUE and LONG-TIME fan would probably not even bother with or simply be aghast. But first the following while not waiting to see if it gets approved or denied. I'm hoping for the latter since it has all the signs of being sub-par at best to outright shitty at worst...

https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/f97b55a8 ... e12ac9.jpg

I highly doubt I would have bothered with it and instead concentrated on other replacement images. That compilation album, "Gold", by September (a.k.a. Petra Marklund) was one of several images I had on the side as far back as January-March. I didn't have to look through my 'Fanart' folder which is filled to the brim with images (those already placed up and others waiting in the wing) but did so to verify things. I still have two or three images of it that were being worked on in order to get rid of the compression artifacts and slight "ringing" around her name. Two of those images, while being the same but different versions, are quite sharp overall as compared to the one 'the name that shall not be named' put up the other day. No need to put up a link here. Let Odin fetch online similar looking images or the very ones I have on the side. Now to the real reason I even bothered to waste my time flogging this dead....asshole.

Once again another album cover that I had on the side to replace the previous one. I had not one but two slightly different versions to put up (i.e., LP and CD versions). It almost goes without saying that I not only have the original Lp version from Bronze Records, but the very first CD version from way back in 1987 *and* two subsequent remastered versions. Let's just say I *KNOW* what the hell that Motorhead image looks like -- or *should* look like.

https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/57961a97 ... f0a578.jpg

1) The above link might be void in the coming day(s) since sooner or later it will be approved or denied, and 2) I have a funny feeling I might be aiding in it's approval (or perhaps not) because it seems to be the following version from this particular audiophile label....

http://www.vinyliciously.com/images/upl ... d-LP-1.jpg

But as any TRUE and LONG-TIME Motorhead fan knows, this is the image we are not only fond of but know inside and out like the back of our hands. It's not a great let alone a good image like, say, the one I put up for 'British Steel' at the same website. But it's as good as any and will do for now.

https://www.discogs.com/Mot%C3%B6rhead- ... ase/372329

I'm anticipating one or two things in the hours or days to come, so I will take the trouble to ask the following. Unless I'm being a finicky and perfectionist bastard (wow, now there's a new concept or two!) why is the previous "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" image not being replaced with a similar one? In short, and those with an esoteric or mystical bent will readily understand, replace like with like? At a minimum that recent image looks like the very version from the 'Back On Black' record label. If so it stands to reason it would be put up separately. Yes? No? Maybe? "Jose, go fuck yourself you persnickety bastard!" Anyway, leave it to the 'name that shall not be named' to keep on doing what he has done to several other other images that needed to be replaced. Now here's the creme de la creme as far as I'm concerned. If the present Motorhead image winds up getting approved because it's an authentic one (read: 'Back On Black'), how the *FUCK* is it that my submission of the 1991 Japanese edition of 'British Steel' -- cropped correctly and down to the very edges of the CD booklet I might add -- wind up getting deleted?!?! (I gather 'Edjgraphix' and perhaps one or two others have had similar experiences if I am reading correctly their posts here on this thread.) I noticed the 'name that shall not be named' just put up a replacement for the 'Stained Class' image here on Fanart. Not to be outdone....

Is he now going to replace and/or submit a new one that is an exact representation of the original vinyl Lp or CD editions of 'British Steel' too? Oh yeah, I didn't mention it previously but I will do so now. Duplicate said he for denying my image??? To that blind as a bat, no good for nothing, tub of lard, and utter piece of shit! LOOK. AT. THE. OTHER. IMAGE. OF. 'BRITISH STEEL' that is up here on Fanart!!! Anyone who is even remotely a casual fan of Judas Priest will have a modicum of know-how that the image is a subsequent one from remastered editions!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last but not least, and assuming every single person reading this post has not fallen asleep or fell over from complete boredom and followed me thus far. Here is a helpful side note for future reference to any and every moderator worth their salt. There's a particular version here on Fanart of the original live album, "Priest In The East", that by anyone's definition is kick-ass and a veritable feast for the eyes. There's only one problem (well, it depends on how finicky or obsessive one is) and I presume a few others have picked up on it. The band's name at the bottom of the cover is *NOT* the correct logo! My hats off to the contributor, Syznsyl97, for a splendid job in taking an already good to pretty damn good image (link of original vinyl Lp cover further below) and fixing it up more where needed. Unfortunately, and to reiterate it all depends on how finicky one is, in my estimation replacing the band's logo should not have been done. Despite a bit of trepidation on my part I'll say the image is a 'HIT'. I just hope to God above that it doesn't get deleted let alone get filed under, 'This Image Needs Replacing'. In my not so humble opinion it should be left as is, period!

https://www.discogs.com/Judas-Priest-Pr ... se/2284630

And this is what the 1991 Japanese CD edition looks like. 1) Yep, some of the images (e.g., front, inlay, rear, CD, and matrix number) were supplied by me while the others by someone else, and 2) The actual CD booklet has the album title slightly cut off. Not that it really matters to me anymore because I suspect it will never see the light of day here on Fanart, but I wonder if the 'name that shall not be named' would have denied it despite being the "correct" image?

https://www.discogs.com/Judas-Priest-Pr ... se/1029928

Class is now dismissed until further notice! ;)
Silverfox
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Silverfox »

I suspect there was a technical glitch on AAX's part or perhaps my computer. This is the image I wanted to link to earlier. Putting way to the side that I know where 'PyroMessiah' got it from (whether the actual website or the individual himself) it's a better image to compare things with the one here on Fanart. Once again my hats off to the contributor, Syznsyzyl97, for a splendid job in fixing this image where it needed it most (e.g., artifacts in the album title).

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers. ... n+The+East

Here's a decent to good image of the '91 Japanese *CD* edition. Take notice of the comment the contributor, Andrey, made about it. If there was lingering doubt on anyone's part in case the Discogs link I cited in my previous post wasn't too convincing, here is further proof.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers. ... n+The+East

What the hell, ban or no ban the following just hit me at the last minute. To the 'name that should not be named' (a.k.a. the fuckin' asshole) since I know you will be reading this post of mine sometime today. 1) For the love of God and all things holy, grab your nuts and fight the demons off by leaving Syznysly97's submission intact, and 2) Don't be such a self-centered prick and utter *VULTURE* by replacing his submission with the one from 'PyroMessiah' or elsewhere on the 'net. If in the event you give in to the temptation of having it replaced (Lord God in heaven please strike him dead if he does so!) at the very least have someone else replace it (or leave his alone while another similar version with the correct band logo is placed alongside it). Putting it mildly your (cough) "fixes" are about as consistent as Alex Rodriguez was at bat this particular season. He played his last game yesterday for the New York Yankees. Take note and learn a lesson or two from him!
edjgraphix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by edjgraphix »

HAHAHA! Yeah, he sent me a message saying my upload of UFO Strangers in the night was "overly cropped" too! I guess it's all a matter of what the dude feels like picking on next. There are so many more really bad images on this site to go after, but once you are in this dude's radar your stuff is going to have to pass the "guess what I'm looking for today" test. I wonder how many of the images that he has uploaded would pass each of his required standards. Seriously. I would check right now but I'm doing something else, but I'll check later. I'll see what his last 3 denials were based on and look at a random sampling of images to see if his images pass. Of course, it will be based on MY opinion, which I'll back up with proof, as opposed to just spouting off opinions and expecting everyone to be passively understanding.