A few thoughts on the Music section. Please read.

ArieS
Admin
Admin

A few thoughts on the Music section. Please read.

Post by ArieS »

Album Covers:
The current images containing Pmrc are grandfathered so they will not be deleted since they were uploaded before the rule change. So please don't waste your/our time reporting them.
We do encourage you to upload a Pmrc free version if we do not have one. It's all about the art of the cover and want nothing that is an obstruction to the art.

Reporting Images:
I've already talked about that but it seems I need to repeat myself...
If you have a better version of a cover you have to report to replace and we already have the cover, it will be denied. We are not taking doubles of the same image.
Your replacement image must be significantly better.
Low quality and I have a better one. Fall under an opinion and gives mods nothing to look at.
We need to know, what you’re seeing:
Compression Artifacts
Scan Moire Pattern
Bad crop on the Right
Dots Black & or White aka sparks
Hair or cracks on cover
Ring from lp
Blurry
White Line or Black Line
Wrong Listing
Mods need to know what you are seeing so they can not waste time on guessing.
The more info you give use to make a judgment the last time we waste and the more time we can spend on submissions.

Duplicates:
Exceptions are different versions of a cover IE. photos, mono, stereo, reissues, anniversary covers, remastered, released from other record company with a different logo.
If it looks different, it is.
If it’s a re-issue that looks like the original cover, or if the colors are slightly different. Color + or –, barely different then either don't bother uploading it or don't be surprised if it's denied.

Copyright:
VERY IMPORTANT
From now on, we will need copyright infos (for Backgrounds and Artist Thumbs) of where you have acquired the photo, IE website or photograph’s name or they will be denied.
The rule has been in place for a while now but it seems not everyone is following it. So to be clear: NO COPYRIGHT INFO=DENIED IMAGE

Moderating:
Denied images does not mean it’s a debate. Spending more time on explaining why, is taking time from the mods to judge other images that are waiting.
We are here to help in fixing images. But understand some mods are more apt in doing so than others. We do have lifes, children, work, wives to get to and a beer to drink. Family comes first for everyone, always ask for more info on what to do, from the mod or in the IRC chat.
Denied images does not mean it’s a debate. Spending more time on explaining why, is taking time from the mods to judge other images that are waiting.
If you don't agree with a Mod decision, PM an Admin.

And for shit and giggles:

https://youtu.be/evQsOFQju08