Would you bother uploading images that are less than ideal?

j7n

Would you bother uploading images that are less than ideal?

Post by j7n »

Should I bother posting an album cover art that I recognize could be improved with better source material, which is unfortunately not available. The image is still the best choice from the open internet, possibly excluding AAX archive. For example, I see that there is a stray moire pattern because the source had reduced quality (used chroma subsampling). It is not distracting at 100% zoom, and only appears if the viewing program uses nearest neighbor dowsampling. Worse images exist on the site for other artists, but the standards seem to be stricter now.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Would you bother uploading images that are less than ide

Post by Esky »

As the site motto is: “No Image is Better Than a Low Quality Image"

The answer to you question would be: No, there's no point uploading something that doesn't meet the current rules/standards. You would just be wasting yours and the moderators time.

Unfortunately the music section is undermanned at the moment, so we don't need any images that are less than 100% ;)
j7n

Re: Would you bother uploading images that are less than ide

Post by j7n »

I keep forgetting the name of this site. Of course if we're submitting original or remixed "art", there has to be a certain standard. Well, I'm no artist.

I just quit MusicBrainz because they expected that almost nothing should be done to an image. And here the ideal is an almost original creation that resembles an album cover. I never got to post on AAX before they put the blockscript in front of it, so I don't know what their rules are.