Stealing images from Fanart to put up on 'AAX'

Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stealing images from Fanart to put up on 'AAX'

Post by Kode »

I need to stop reading this thread, I just keeping seeing new things that make me angry "After all, I remind you that Fanart struck the first blow and dictated their own rules by which they wanted to play by in this arena" What first blow? If "AT LEAST 15k-20k" images were taken from AAX, then by who? It wasn't the site, that implies the site and therefore me ran something to automatically take images from the site, or that a mass download event was organised, neither of which is true.

Have images been uploaded from AAX over the last 6 years, undoubtedly, 15-20k of them? I have no idea, but if so then it was done by individual members, and not some orchestrated move by fanart.tv so please stop perpetuating this myth.

I have reached out to Scott to have a chat with him about the issue, but he has ignored me so far, so we'll have to see.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

I've just got off of the phone with him and he said that he replied to you yesterday on Google Hangouts?
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Kode wrote:My point wasn't about people taking from AAX without consent, but more the people who uploaded to AAX also uploading here, regardless though, there is no way for us to police it. The point of this site is to have the best quality images possible.

I don't personally contribute many images, certainly not album covers, but I know people like ZincRider put a lot of effort and time in to doing it, and as he said, the attitude seems to be it's fine to take images from fanart.tv and put them on AAX but not the other way round, and maybe that's why people like Silverfox get upset.
Providing the highest quality images available has been AAE's mission statement from the get-go. It is the reason that site was created in the first place. I believe that is definitely meets that definition.

Not caring about whether someone like that user goes about "setting things right" is more the attitude after so many of AAE's images wound up on this site. After all, this was the person who had transferred the most. Other than this and as I said earlier, contributions to that site are not from album art sites and never have been. We make our own quality images from scans of our own music collections or edits of "found" stuff like Amazon or PR sites.

Now as far as I know, this is one person, a former moderator of yours who (was) for the most part, regurgitating AAE images back into that system. That person hasn't uploaded there is 2 weeks now. They also have uploaded to both sites as well as images here that are not on your site. If you look at the artist "Fanny" or "Dan Fogelberg" you will see what I mean. I have to also think that this is anger at what your community sees as a betrayal and I understand that.

Other than her, I don't know who else is transferring from your site to AAE. I simply do not believe that it is happening. If it is, it is simple enough for Zincrider or you to show Admin there that it is happening at at any scale other than a few images. The image transfer flow was one-way by a huge ratio.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I could be missing something, but I've not had any messages off him as far as I can see

*edit* Found it, it wasn't showing up because he'd sent me a message without a friends request and my account wasn't set to receive those.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »