https://albumartexchange.com/covers/123 ... =&size=any
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Accused of stealing 2400 images from Album Art Exchange

Post by Artwork Lover »

L7:
https://albumartexchange.com/covers?q=L7&fltr=ARTIST

ALL of these are from AAX. Hungry for Stink is also but someone has deleted the larger (800 & 1000) files. I still have the master that goes along with the 600 by that created the larger ones.

Smell the Magic
The Slash Years (The Best of L7)
L7
The Beauty Process: Triple Platinum
Bricks Are Heavy
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:AND, just to be perfectly clear to any and all members and fans of accessible album cover artwork, I have no problem with anyone who downloads or uses any image that I have worked on to use however you like. I put effort into every album cover I have uploaded, and did it for the love of the music that these album covers represent, and could only imagine that the images would be appreciated with the same respect. I am only adding the total number of images this dude downloaded from me as a way for him to see how little effort it took for me to be able to dismiss 20% of his original claim.
Wow, how incredibly generous of you especially considering that you stole most of these and are posting them on a site and sharing them to millions via Google. Quite magnanamous!

You are being disingenuous in that you DELIBERATELY picked and chose images that you KNEW didn't come from AAX. You DELIBERATELY included images I swiped from you because you knew those wouldn't have come from AAX.
Had you just started down your list of uploads (instead of bouncing around) like I did, you'd see the 17 of the first 20 are from AAX.
edjgraphix wrote:In fact, I hope to hear some thoughts from other album cover artwork fans about this because I really don't expect to get anything but generalized claims about images that may have been downloaded, but were improved and therefore not a stolen image being passed off as my own. Again, check the dates on the links that I provided with the dates on the artwork at AAX and every one of the images I counted will easily be confirmed as exact copies - no improvements, or work done on them, straight up copies. So far I see that the images I am being matched with have all had additional work done to them before I uploaded the images, so this collaborative image does show that I worked on it too, so hardly the same 1 for 1 image to be counted, but I don't mind helping someone out who could really use some help. So now I will continue to check the images you claim and I'll verify whether your count is accurate - which I'd still like to hear you do for me.

No, spending 2 minutes making a crappy and inaccurate adjustment of the curves without a cover to compare it to (Rookie mistake) DOES NOT make it YOUR image. Just because you screwed it up doesn't make it yours. Fanart's site' policy, created in part because of theft and rationalization like this, makes this abundantly clear. They tell you to go get your own image elsewhere and work on that, not one from AAX. See: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6377

The terms of use that you agreed to at AAX is quite specific. It says and you agreed that you may not post them ANYWHERE, period. It shows how little you understand about scanning an editing that you'd think that someone could spend a few hours scanning and editing an image and then, you come along and spend 2 minutes adjusting curves with the eyedropper and suddenly it is yours. You must think that we're stupid.

EVERY image that I took of yours in retaliation was edited and for every one, an attempt was made to find the source that YOU got it from and work with that, instead. That's why many of them have a copy that is larger than 1000x (obviously). Now you're again trying to rig the game in your favor.
edjgraphix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by edjgraphix »

I'll let the images do the talking for me.

I'm done with this conversation. You won't convince me that this is your image from your web site. The one I uploaded here kicks ass on the one you have on yours.

Thanks for playing!
Attachments
getalife.gif
getalife.gif (706.52 KiB) Viewed 153302 times
edjgraphix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by edjgraphix »

I was accused of being a thief who uploaded straight downloaded images? The images I counted on the AAX site that were from here were straight up download to upload images. Let's get an accurate count on that. So far, it it 500+ to 0.

I downloaded work from all kinds of places AND WORKED ON IT TO IMPROVE IT. If you are counting artwork that was downloaded and worked on to be an improved upload then you are changing the claim that was made.

Why should I spend one more minute discussing this with close-minded, obsessive people who blames everyone for the same shit they do. You need to move on.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:I was accused of being a thief who uploaded straight downloaded images? The images I counted on the AAX site that were from here were straight up download to upload images. Let's get an accurate count on that. So far, it it 500+ to 0.

I downloaded work from all kinds of places AND WORKED ON IT TO IMPROVE IT. If you are counting artwork that was downloaded and worked on to be an improved upload then you are changing the claim that was made.

Why should I spend one more minute discussing this with close-minded, obsessive people who blames everyone for the same shit they do. You need to move on.
What about all of the others? Thanks for playing, my ass! This GIF is fake!

Spending a minute or two blasting Curves, adjusting Contrast on a cover you don't have in front of you or, dumping in paint buckets like with this image isn't spending time improving it. Your spending a couple of minutes doesn't compare in the slightest to scanning and editing something. That's a moot point anyway since you weren't supposed to be uploading it anywhere. There are plenty that are just copies, as well. It's probably a good idea to read the replies before commenting so you know these things.
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:I was accused of being a thief who uploaded straight downloaded images? The images I counted on the AAX site that were from here were straight up download to upload images. Let's get an accurate count on that. So far, it it 500+ to 0.

That's because you're trying to BS everyone here by using the WRONG IMAGE!

THIS:
https://albumartexchange.com/covers/186 ... =&size=any is the image you should be comparing to yours.

I also showed, a few replies ago, how it has the same imperfection.

"Straight up downloaded"? Those are YOUR words, not mine. I'm including those that you screwed up, as well.
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Here is a real GIF. As you can see, you've done something (accidentally?) to shorten one of the lightning bolts under KISS in the upper LH area and that is the only corner. Probably improperly using the paint bucket? I see now that you flooded the blue/indigo in the middle with a bucket and too high of a threshold.
Attachments
Kiss RaR.gif
Kiss RaR.gif (880.26 KiB) Viewed 153293 times
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Here's ours laid over "yours" at 50% opacity. As you can see, it's a direct match for crop.
Attachments
50 percent opacity.jpg
50 percent opacity.jpg (691.31 KiB) Viewed 153293 times
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Rolling Stones - Some Girls
You played with contrast / Sat (even though this guy had the album cover in front of him) for what, 60 seconds? That doesn't give you an "out" from the general accusation. Interestingly, it's from the same uploader as the KISS image...
https://albumartexchange.com/covers/172 ... any&page=0