Accused of stealing 2400 images from Album Art Exchange

Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Accused of stealing 2400 images from Album Art Exchange

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:If you really want to do this you will need to be accurate, just like I was. Also, I just looked at the first image you mentioned - the Elton John - the version I have is an improved image and not just a lazy copy and upload which was the case on most, if not all of the images you got from me.

AND, just to be perfectly clear to any and all members and fans of accessible album cover artwork, I have no problem with anyone who downloads or uses any image that I have worked on to use however you like. I put effort into every album cover I have uploaded, and did it for the love of the music that these album covers represent, and could only imagine that the images would be appreciated with the same respect. I am only adding the total number of images this dude downloaded from me as a way for him to see how little effort it took for me to be able to dismiss 20% of his original claim.

In fact, I hope to hear some thoughts from other album cover artwork fans about this because I really don't expect to get anything but generalized claims about images that may have been downloaded, but were improved and therefore not a stolen image being passed off as my own. Again, check the dates on the links that I provided with the dates on the artwork at AAX and every one of the images I counted will easily be confirmed as exact copies - no improvements, or work done on them, straight up copies. So far I see that the images I am being matched with have all had additional work done to them before I uploaded the images, so this collaborative image does show that I worked on it too, so hardly the same 1 for 1 image to be counted, but I don't mind helping someone out who could really use some help. So now I will continue to check the images you claim and I'll verify whether your count is accurate - which I'd still like to hear you do for me.
You sure that you want to say that I took it from you dude?! Because if so, you are a LIAR! That is *MY* scan(s) which I personally scanned and I still have the .PSD master that matches the Original ID number enumerated in "YOUR" metadata! It also predates your version. You also use a Macintosh and these were created in Windows with a different version of Photoshop. Think twice before I really make you look like a lying fool.

You simply listed bands that you knew that you had scanned and haven't addressed but a fraction. There are clearly a lot of our images in your uploads here.

Yeah, DEFINITELY check the dates (as if I'm too stupid to do so). No, if you fix something from a web site that specifically tells you as part of their agreement with you to NOT share it or use it for commercial purposes, it isn't "yours". You smoothed the bg at the top, wow, what a Photoshop marvel you are! Tell me Mr. Photoshop wizard, what'd you do to "fix" the Traffic Fantasy Factory? If that is the case, the images I raided of yours are no longer yours because I fixed most of them. Many of those images were tracked down to the original source, via Google, where YOU got them in the first place. That's why there are larger versions of some. Your attempt to drag others into this thread to defend you is pointless (and childish) since the policy here is now that such transfers are off-limits. Nice try, though.

"Generalized"? Now you're dancing around dude. What do you want to see to prove that you took them from my site? You're allegedly dong this here because you didn't get the apology that I do not owe you. Now you're trying to lie your way out of the truth that you took these and others from MY SITE.
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dude from Album Art Exchange caught me stealing 2400 ima

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:
Artwork Lover wrote:
edjgraphix wrote:Here's the link to my Fanart images:
Oh, I didn't know it could be done like this. I've been using the user's profile and this is much easier.

Straight off the bat (2nd image I checked), I see that the image you posted of Kiss's Rock and Roll over is from our site:
https://albumartexchange.com/covers/243 ... =&size=any

I could go on and on dude but to prove what? What I've already researched and know for a fact, only to have you continue to dodge the use of our images on your eBay merch? Again, still confused as to why you'd decide to air your dirty laundry here after nearly 2 months with no contact. Are you trying to escalate things because if so, we can and will certainly use our contacts and draw attention to your illegal stuff on eBay.
SORRY! Images are not the same. View each of them together and you'll see they are not the same image.

I hope you understand that all of these images look similar because they are using similar artwork. This KISS claim is denied.
You are absolutely full of it. Lay one over the other on a new layer and fade out the top one. The odds of an exact match are teeny. Just because you deleted the ICC color profile -or- altered the coloration doesn't make it different. I thought you were the Photoshop Wiz? You should know this.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

I see that you're deliberately ignoring my telling you back then that I could not get an accurate count because I could no longer see your uploads in your profile? It plays better for the story you're trying to sell, I guess.
I can't really expect much integrity from someone whose selling artwork that doesn't belong to them though, can I. You're STILL trying to deny that you took tons of stuff from my site?
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

https://albumartexchange.com/covers/271 ... =&size=any is from my site. Look at the Metadata. You took and edited it 2 months after it was uploaded to my site but weren't clever enough to know that it stores the original ID which is the same on both images. BTW, the original bg color is accurate to the cover-in-hand, your desaturated version is not.
Attachments
Screenshot (189).jpg
Screenshot (189).jpg (494.12 KiB) Viewed 128855 times
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

LOL, I see that you've ignored the others mentioned / linked to that are clearly mine. Running out of lies?
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Honky Chateau
Attachments
Screenshot (190).jpg
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Here's my own "Wheels of Fire" uploaded to my site April 20, 2012. (https://albumartexchange.com/covers/207 ... =&size=any)

I still have a 1500x1500 .psd master file (which you do NOT have). This image below shows my image laid over yours with a 50% opacity. As you can see, it aligns PERFECTLY. One image doing so is a slim chance. To have *TWO* images in 2400 that line up perfectly is astronomically improbable. No Metadata and coincidentally, "Yours" doesn't either. Not only do I have the Master file but the White ones on my site were created from the very same image.
Attachments
Screenshot (191).jpg
Screenshot (191).jpg (199.2 KiB) Viewed 128855 times
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

I've got a living to make and a site to run. You can either cop to it or, I've got a few more in me. I am NOT going to sit and go through hundreds of others again. I KNOW what you did and it is why you were banned from my site. Time to stop dancing and be honest.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Here's another and it completely shuts down your argument that you fixed something and it is now yours. The ONLY thing done here is that you compressed it to cut the file size in half. As you can see from the metadata, it's the SAME image stolen by you some 3 months later.
https://albumartexchange.com/covers/270 ... =&size=any
Attachments
Screenshot (192).jpg
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

AAX's copy is on the left. https://albumartexchange.com/covers/267 ... =&size=any
Uploaded March 19, 2013. Yours was uploaded 4 months later (at the same time a lot of these were taken off of our site by you.).
I pasted the one on the left over "Yours" and reduced the opacity to 50% and there is zero overlap and the exact same crop.
3 of 3 (out of 2400) that are perfect matches for crop and alignment. You have as good of a chance of winning a Pick-6 State Lottery.

Again, you've just copied, saved and compressed the file. No alteration, just a "lazy copy".

I'm pretty sure that nearly all (if not all) of your Genesis submissions are from AAX.
Attachments
Screenshot (193).jpg
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 am, edited 4 times in total.