Same band 3 names.

Masel89

Same band 3 names.

Post by Masel89 »

Hello,

When searching for Rhapsody I got 3 names, the old one "Rhapsody" without anything in it and two "Rhapsody Of Fire" with some covers that are the same in both.
I think a moderator needs to fix that...
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Same band 3 names.

Post by Esky »

The page for 'Rhapsody' is for a different group - MB page: https://musicbrainz.org/artist/ccbc1472 ... d96529bc4c

As for the other two, both pages are valid (they must have been merged in music brainz at some point).

However, we are unable to move Music CDArts and Albumcovers for one artist to another (technical reasons based on design of the site).

I have messaged duskdweller and asked him to re-upload his images from the secondary page to the primary one.

He's not been active for a while, so I'll give him a few days before looking to re-upload the images on his behalf.

Cheers,

Esky.
Masel89

Post by Masel89 »

Maybe its because they changed name from Rhapsody to Rhapsody of Fire.
How does it work? You are not using your own database and can't merge it into one? You are using some other music database for artists and their work?
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

We have our own database, but it is synced with the entries at MusicBrainz to get Artists IDs (for Logos, Backrounds & Thumbs) and Release Group ID's (for Album Artwork & CDArts)

As moderators we have an option to move Music images (Logos, Backrounds & Thumbs) between Artists ID's ... but not Album Artwork & CDArts between release group ID's.

As I said, it's due to the design of the website. There is a totally re-designed website under development, which is why there is not really any time to spend making chages to this one.
Masel89

Post by Masel89 »

Alright, thanx for the info.