Parental Advisory Labels

Mordred

Parental Advisory Labels

Post by Mordred »

What do you guys think about duplicate album covers, one with the Parental Advisory Warning Label, and one without? Should we allow both on the site as "alternate" covers? I've been keeping both if the quality is similar, but I'd never purposely download one with the warning if the alternative was available.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Parental Advisory Labels

Post by Paszt »

Albums with Parental Advisory labels are different releases of the album and should absolutely be allowed (if the image quality is acceptable of course). One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Well they aren't necessarily a different release. Sometimes there's only one release, but it has multiple covers, or maybe there's only one cover, with the label, and someone (like me on occasion!) has edited out label. Still I agree with you on keeping them.
dhodson

Post by dhodson »

I've edited the graphic out on cover art, but agree with Paszt
Skyward

Post by Skyward »

Well, this might seem a little childish or immature but I think that the parental advisory label sometimes adds a nice hint of flavor. The "Explicit Content" label for example just goes great with punk(ish) stuff in my eyes. So, I'd keep 'em on.
ezz9

Post by ezz9 »

They should be banded! Having a government sticker (from the USA) on the cover is only blocking the art of the cover and wasting space on the pages and the hard drives holding the covers. If you look and there is one with and one without, the one without is being downloaded more thin the one with it. We don't allow writing on movie art so, why allow a government sticker on album art. If I find one, I clean it off. I refuse to up-load any cover with one or with the tag on it, being a compact disc. WE are here for the art of the artist not to give government warning. Would you put one on the Mona Lisa because she has a seductive smile. NO!
Pink sang it best, We don't need no thought control.
swsmith1971

Post by swsmith1971 »

Please interpret this for me: (especially bullet #3 where it states that PMRC labels will no longer be expected.)(bullet #3 PMCR labels will no longer be allowed with one exception)

Album Cover (albumcover)
Album Covers are images of the original album
Can be used while browsing your media center library to show the original album cover

1. Images must be in jpg format sized 1000×1000 pixels, no exceptions.
2. Should be an image of the real CD cover
3. Sticker and PMRC labels will no longer be expected. It has been determined they block the art of the cover and that is what
we are about. Pmrc labels will no longer be allowed with one exception, if the Pmrc label is part of the cover like on George
Carlin album, Parental Advisory: explicit lyrics. Please see link https://fanart.tv/artist/5a79e923-b2ef- … in-george/
4. Only high quality images will be accepted

My Interpretation:
To me this says, that at one time it was expected for people to upload images with PMRC labels, and now they are not expected. ”This would safely be said that even tho they are not expected, they are allowed.”
Then the rules contradict themselves later in the same sentence saying ”PMRC labels will no longer be allowed”.

By the way, this is not a typo on my part. It was directly copied and pasted here.

My Statement:
I for one like to download original images that have the logo because of the simple fact that I have children in my house and they need to understand that when they are listening to music streaming from my KODI server, they are not allowed to listen to music with Parental advisory’s unless I give them the ”okay” do to so, I however have a clean version when available. This more for informational purposes. I also understand the need and want for album art without it. I do tend to like cover art without it, but again, if the music is represented to have harsh lyrics and content, then I will prefer to download the art with the Parental Advisory Logo.

So why must this freedom of choice between non labeled covers and labeled covers be such an issue? If you don't want the PMRC Labeled album cover, use the one that doesn't have the PMRC label.

At least give us that choice.