wrong series-ID for "Der Tatortreiniger"

bta489

wrong series-ID for "Der Tatortreiniger"

Post by bta489 »

Hi,

While browsing my HTPC I noticed that the ClearArt for "Der Tatortreiniger" was not showing anymore. Afer I looked into it I found that the ID's on fanart.tv and thetvdb.com don't match. It seems they changed the ID anytime in the past, since my downloaded ClearArt all used the same ID as it is here on fanart.

So can anyone please adjust the ID from 254874 to 289561?

Thank you.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Re: wrong series-ID for "Der Tatortreiniger"

Post by ArieS »

Done :)
bta489

Post by bta489 »

Thank you.
Any chance you could also restore the german title?
The search for "tatortreiniger" only matches the old entry (which is empty now) and not the new one. You have to search for "crime scene cleaner". Since it's a german TV-show it would be nice to at least find it with it's original title.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

all racists here ;)
no chance for poor germans it seems :(
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

bta489 wrote:Thank you.
Any chance you could also restore the german title?
The search for "tatortreiniger" only matches the old entry (which is empty now) and not the new one. You have to search for "crime scene cleaner". Since it's a german TV-show it would be nice to at least find it with it's original title.
Unfortunately that is beyond what we can do. All we do is link to the ID and all the relevant info comes from TVDB.

If you go to the link on TVDB with a language ID of 14 (lid), it takes you to the german title.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=289561&lid=14

If you go to lid 7, it goes to the English title
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=289561&lid=7

If you strip the lid from the end of the URL, it defaults to the English title. (At least for me here in the US.)
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=289561

Maybe Kode can chime in if I'm mistaken, but I think you need to take this up with TVDB to have the default title restored there.

Obi-Wan wrote:all racists here ;)
no chance for poor germans it seems :(
hmmmmm.....really?
I'd feel sorry for you if you didn't have the autobahn.
Poor Germans my ass. ;)
bta489

Post by bta489 »

Shouldn't then the search find it when using "tatortreiniger" as search term? Or does fanart.tv only use the english title if available and ignores all other languages? (If so, consider this a suggestion for the new site ;) )

I don't mind if the displayed title remains english, but you should at least be able to find a tv-show when searching for the original title. Can you at least delete the old entry completely? This way people searching for it (I guess the majority of people interested in this show will use the german title) won't find a discouraging empty entry and may try another search term.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this. Now please excuse me, I'm about to eat some Sauerkraut on the Autobahn... :roll: (sorry guys, I don't wear Lederhosen :shock: :D)
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

"sorry guys, I don't wear Lederhosen :shock: :D"
thats right ! all germans are naked all the time ! FTW
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

bta489 wrote:Shouldn't then the search find it when using "tatortreiniger" as search term? Or does fanart.tv only use the english title if available and ignores all other languages? (If so, consider this a suggestion for the new site ;) )

I don't mind if the displayed title remains english, but you should at least be able to find a tv-show when searching for the original title. Can you at least delete the old entry completely? This way people searching for it (I guess the majority of people interested in this show will use the german title) won't find a discouraging empty entry and may try another search term.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this. Now please excuse me, I'm about to eat some Sauerkraut on the Autobahn... :roll: (sorry guys, I don't wear Lederhosen :shock: :D)
I agree that you should be able to search it with Tatortreiniger and get a result to the correct show, but as I said before, this is a TVDB issue.
For instance, when a new show comes out and no fanart is made yet, you can still search for it on our site and find it because we are accessing the TVDB's DataBase. I'm guessing something happened when they changed the ID of the show and now the API we use can't find it with the word "tatortreiniger". I am able to find it using their site search, so I think it has to be an API or some language ID issue. Hopefully Kode can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to take this up with TVDB.

I went ahead and removed the old entry like you asked, so now you don't get any results for a search of Tatortreiniger. :|
Now put some damn clothes on Obi-Wan. No one wants to see your light saber. :twisted:
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

akovia wrote: Now put some damn clothes on Obi-Wan. No one wants to see your light saber. :twisted:
More like a butter knife ;)
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

ArieS wrote:
akovia wrote: Now put some damn clothes on Obi-Wan. No one wants to see your light saber. :twisted:
More like a butter knife ;)
dont call EXCALIBUR a butter knife, infidel :evil: