New Member With Teething Probs :-)

Deano Essex

New Member With Teething Probs :-)

Post by Deano Essex »

Hi Everyone,
I just registered because I have built my library within my Kodi on my Android TV box and noticed some of the Movies & TV shows are missing fan art so I decided to join the site so I can upload my own images that are missing. I used to work with a large corporation and frequently used Adobe Photoshop so I am ok with design, however I have made a couple of mistakes uploading to the site and for this I apologise to the MODS :-).
My question is...... Roughly how long is it for an upload to show on the website? I want to upload loads of art but don't want to waste my time doing so if I am doing something wrong and break the rules and nothing is posted/allowed by the mods.
I understand that TV Shows and Movie art uploads are 1000x1426 which I have just uploaded and hope to use soon.
Anyway enough of me babbling on & hope to get some answers soon :-)
Great site BTW
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New Member With Teething Probs :-)

Post by Esky »

Hi Deano,

welcome to the site!

Once you have submitted your artwork it usually only takes a day or so (sometimes a few hours) for one of the mods to either approve or deny your work. If it is denied they will tell you exactly what the issue is to enable you to fix and re-upload.

The upload process automatically checks image sizes (pixels & MBs) so you shouldn't be able to upload say a Banner to the CDArt section.

Under the Artwork tab, there are clear guidelines on size & content of all the artwork for each of Movie / TV & Music sections. There are also a few 'Unwritten Rules' that are covered in the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=97

Basically I would upload a few images at first and see how you get on ... make sure you're not missing something that causes an image to be denied.

Also, if you access the dashboard (via fanart.tv icon top left of website) you can see what images are awaiting approval, and also you can see what images have been denied for each section - this will give you an idea of the reasons images have been denied. It also lets you delete your own submissions - handy when you realise you want to change something two seconds after hitting the upload button!

Anyway, hope to see some of your work appearing on the site soon.

Good luck!

Esky.