MARVELS' Guardians of the Galaxy

Tolerant

MARVELS' Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Tolerant »

I understand the rules with TV Thumbs but this is slightly frustrating. I just had a TV Thumb image rejected because it had "MARVEL" in the image and quite frankly it ticks me off. The animated show IS called "MARVELS' Guardians of the Galaxy" because Marvel "Brands" their series now a days. I would appreciate if this would be taken into consideration and the image restored so that it is NOT confused with the Movie and because it is the proper thing to do. Even TheTVDB has it titled this way and it was previously approved. Being told to remove "Marvel" from the image makes no sense to me. Thanks.

EDIT: This can be verified by the ONLY entry at TheTVDB.com, http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=293614&lid=7
Notice there is no OTHER version of the animated series, only ONE version clearly titled with MARVEL. Thanks again.
Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Re: MARVELS' Guardians of the Galaxy

Post by Hazmat »

Howdy, I can see why that is frustrating. Trust me, I know the feeling of having your image rejected doesn't feel the best. However, I believe there to be flaws in your argument. The Marvel logo that the company Marvel, chooses to use is its studio logo and that is simply just not allowed on this site. Now I am no moderator, but if someone were to create a version of the Marvel logo that matched the style of marvel's guardians of the galaxy tv series' logo, I don't see why they wouldn't let it through. The movie Marvel's The Avengers has Marvel in the title, but no fanart has the marvel studio logo in it. The Daredevil tv show from Marvel is called Marvel's Daredevil based off TVDB, but you won't find any Marvel studio logos on any fan art on Fanart.tv's entry due to the studio logo not being allowed. Metadata scrapers really have no problem separating the differences between Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy(tv series) and Guardians of the Galaxy(movie) so I highly doubt it would be "confused with the movie". Same with Daredevil(tv series) and Daredevil(movie).

Hope that cleared things up a bit. :)
Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Post by Hazmat »

SIDE NOTE: Noticed you post mainly TV thumbs. Please, for the love of all, save copies in at least 1000x562(or at higher 16:9 ratio resolutions). One day, I hope a higher resolution will be allowed onto the site than 500 x 281 resolution, but until that day... SAVE COPIES! :D
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

I can see your point - as hazmat said though the title is marvels guardians of the galaxy NOT marvel guardians of the galaxy so to have the marvel logo with guardians of the galaxy is grammatically incorrect - To be fair to yourself it is a good point BUT making it without the marvel logo would be adhering to the rules and in keeping - until such time as the rules are reviewed we must stick by what rules are there, this gives us no grey area i'm afraid to say.
If at such time the rules are changed/edited to allow the marvel logo on it OR the makers decide to create a logo that is 'Marvels Guardians Of The Galaxy' then we will without question accept the edited image with a new logo. No harm, no foul. Until that time however it must stick to the rules :(
Sorry
EDIT - seems like at the request of the mod who denied you he has decided to allow it (so you said in the comment section when you re-upped( - so you can ignore the above - I won't delete it though as it would seem like I agree with the decision :)
Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Post by Hazmat »

Here is the font of the logo if you want to make a new logo that reads "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy". If you don't do it, I'll probably do it by Tuesday. I will be doing a season poster for sure though soon. :D
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Sorry but I'm gonna have to overrule the decision made by the mod.
Studio logos are not permitted, no exceptions.
If we allow Marvel's whateverthetitleis then why not allow Disney's whateverthetitleis or DCComics' and so on.
We will not go to a case by case as it will obviously seem unfair to the persons who will be denied the use of studio logos.
adamforeman

Post by adamforeman »

I have created HD Clear ART and HD Clear LOGO for MARVELS' Guardians of the Galaxy

You can use that if it helps you.

Cheers

Ad