Season posters

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Season posters

Post by Tobby »

Seeing as we have season thumbs, season banners and... Well I guess that all of'em, but season posters seems like a logical step. Bring it!
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Re: Season posters

Post by ArieS »

Yeah, I would be for that too. The problem, I like consistency so I would like all my season posters for 1 show to have matching fonts. How can we enforce that? Discuss... ;)
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

@Aries yup - consistency through seasons is a point - how many times i've added a tv show and find no matching season posters on the tvdb - then end up making my own (or not but feel frustrated and end up doing them anyway LOL)
I dont know how you would enforce it though
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

i would say clean posters are enough... so everybody can make his own overlay in his own language etc... i did it all the time ^^
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

ArieS wrote:Yeah, I would be for that too. The problem, I like consistency so I would like all my season posters for 1 show to have matching fonts. How can we enforce that? Discuss... ;)
Well there are already seson posters out there. We just have to find them.
tHappy.fanart

Post by tHappy.fanart »

Well season posters would be an awesome thing to implement.
ArieS wrote:The problem, I like consistency so I would like all my season posters for 1 show to have matching fonts.
As for consistency, I guess everyone like it. 8-)
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

I really don't get the "clean posters". I'm told it's so everyone can make their own version, but that just seems to contradict the purpose of the site. I mean, everyone can just make their own everything from stuff they find on the internet ;) .

Anyway, if we do have season posters (and I don't see why we wouldn't) I'd like to have a rule saying you can't have the phrase "The Complete X Season".

Do people make posters for incomplete or partial seasons?
QuizKid

Post by QuizKid »

Hi I was just logging on to suggest something similar!

I've been at this a while and I similarly like the poster to match for each series, although sometimes I go for the posters. I have a bunch that are 1000x1500 from before the movie posters sizes were established on this website, but I have all the original files and photoshop files so resizing/reframing should be relatively easy. Most of mine are copies of pete_the_lions from the moviedb although and I did them as my media setup (XBMC, Aeon Nox) likes nice big thumbnails and on the info screen, they stretch from the top of the screen to the bottom, like so:

You can see a set I did for the Sopranos (1000x1500) based on the actual boxsets here, along with some I did for Luther (1000x1500/1000x1426) based on key art from the series and a theme from the Series1-3 DVD boxset cover that I liked:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b4548nuas0ng ... 1/Sopranos
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b4548nuas0ng ... E1w/Luther
QuizKid

Post by QuizKid »

Paszt wrote:I really don't get the "clean posters". I'm told it's so everyone can make their own version, but that just seems to contradict the purpose of the site. I mean, everyone can just make their own everything from stuff they find on the internet ;) .

Anyway, if we do have season posters (and I don't see why we wouldn't) I'd like to have a rule saying you can't have the phrase "The Complete X Season".

This is something they do on actual boxsets these days, probably as a result of the increasing practice of splitting seasons into parts and releasing them separately, which they've done with Lost, the Sopranos and Breaking Bad among others
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Paszt wrote:I really don't get the "clean posters". I'm told it's so everyone can make their own version, but that just seems to contradict the purpose of the site. I mean, everyone can just make their own everything from stuff they find on the internet ;) .
From the posters thread on the old forums, there were quite a few people that chimed in saying they hate posters with logos on them as the can already see their clearlogos. I believe this was driving force behind the "clean/textless" posters. Not the ability to construct your own. That just happened to be a side effect.
I really don't have an opinion on this. I think that would need to be voted on, but I couldn't honestly care less. Whatever the community wants works for me.
No clue.