New member with a simple question.

Anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories, feel free to talk about whatever you like here.
kiliman

New member with a simple question.

Post by kiliman »

Hi,

I can't find any FAQ or anything to help me understand how the sites really works so ...sorry.

I have XBMC and some of my music artists fanarts are missing and i wanted to add them directly on fanart.tv

But, if I want to add a background for artist "Eths" for example, should i "request" and add my file there or "upload" directly ?

I did both and didn't see my pictures on the artist page, so I guess there's a little delay and some "approvement stage" before it's shown on the website.

So yeah, request or upload ? and how much time does it take generaly to approve an addition, and i saw somewhere it can take up to 10 days to be fetched by XBMC universalartistscraper, is this corret ?

Thank you !
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New member with a simple question.

Post by Tobby »

Hi and welcome to fanart. Firstly, if you want to add artwork to a page you use "Upload". And yes, there is a approval stage. A mod have to check your image and either approve or deny your image.

I can't respond about the approval time in the Music section, since I never upload there, but in Movie and TV it's usually a day or less.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

You should really check out the links in my signature. It might help explain things a little clearer, especially if you are thinking of contributing.
kiliman

Post by kiliman »

Ok thanks a lot guys !

I'll check those links :)

And sorry for my poor english "aprovement" -> "aproval" ... i'm out :)

Thanks again :)
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Welcome to the community, buddy! :)

As a moderator for the Music section I can tell you that the moderation time is pretty quick. We try to approve images as soon as possible. Sometimes it can happen within minutes, but with a lot on our plates it can take a few hours too. Just be sure about that we try to moderate all images as soon as we can :)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
ChiefWiggum

Post by ChiefWiggum »

Hi,

I think my questions fits in here well.

Is there a section where I can see my uploaded images, that are waiting for aproval?

I haven't uploaded anything in a long time, but Ithink I can remeber that it was possible to check your pending images in the past.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Hi Chief,

welcome back :-)

Sure there is! On the dashboard, under each section (TV Fanart, Music Fanart or Movie Fanart) you have the option named "My submissions". There are your pendings if you have any :)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

To clarify, after logging in, go to the top left of the site, hover over fanart.tv next to the wordpress logo, then select dashboard.