Anyone want to design my band's logo?

Anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories, feel free to talk about whatever you like here.
oatmeal769

Anyone want to design my band's logo?

Post by oatmeal769 »

So, I've become semi-decent at making CD art, and I really enjoy seeing the restorations other members have done on my favorite bands' covers. The logo work is amazing too, but I have no experience at all doing it. Besides that, I'm better at repairing/fixing than creating graphics. I'm about as creative as a brick in that regard.
Anyway, I have a band that did two albums in the early 90's. We have re-grouped, and found that our old 8-bit logo we paid a fortune to have hand-drawn and scanned back then isn't cutting it. The task of re-inventing our logo has fallen to me, and beyond liking a font style or two I'm at a loss.
Does anyone want to take a crack at a custom logo design for us? It will be used on flyers/website/promo for now, but might even make it onto our next record if we're crazy about it. I'm guessing we'd need a clear logo, and also something we can readily transfer to promo material, web page, etc.

If you have Gimp, I really like the Dotum Che font, Times Roman was good too as I remember... We want something strong, bold and easy to read. Something that wasn't dependent on color, as we wanted to use different colors as needed, or go black and white. We weren't really big on flowing, airy, fancy stuff.

This was our logo in 1993
Zen_Radio_Logo_Green.png
Zen_Radio_Logo_Green.png (113.37 KiB) Viewed 15033 times
Thanks to anyone willing to try!