Universal-Covers.com

Anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories, feel free to talk about whatever you like here.
Jammi3D

Universal-Covers.com

Post by Jammi3D »

Hi, (thanks Aries for the approval)

A mate of mine has just open a new site for movie, cd & console covers and would be grateful if you could sign up and take a look. The site is ran by 1 of the moderators from Cdcovers.cc which has been shut down due to the Admin been awol for years and Cdcovers needing alot of repairs.

Universal-Covers works the same way as Cdcovers.cc forum did, sign up, request covers and receive them via email all for FREE. (All covers are Hi-Res 300DPI+)

http://www.universal-covers.com/

would appreciate if you could take a look and drop him feedback for improvements ect. (site has only been running for around for a couple of weeks)

thanks.
Jammi3D
ProRipp

Re: Universal-Covers.com

Post by ProRipp »

Hey Jammi good to see a United fan around ! Anyway I had a look at that site and THIS line had me thinking.....'There will always be an Admin or Moderator around to help: UNLIKE SOME SITES' !
LOL whoever could they mean ? Another thing, what if, someone requests something, the mod or whoever from there just flicks to us here takes what they need then just emails em to whoever requested there ? Bit shady that innit LOL. Why don't you just direct em here ?
Jammi3D

Re: Universal-Covers.com

Post by Jammi3D »

Hi ProRipp,

I'm guessing he means the old owner from Cdcovers.cc. Anyone can fill requests not just the mods.
Fanart requires clean looking poster art & CDArt which I'm guessing peoples main use is for media players (Kodi, Plex ect) ...Universal Covers has full dvd covers & labels at 300DPI+ both custom & original scans which are used to print and insert into a replacement DVD case. Fanart & Universal Covers are similar sites but have different uses (sortof) although fanart could be useful for cover designers with the high quality artwork (If fanart admin don't mind, will see if UC Admin will link to this site)
Nothing shady mate, I was a mod on CDCovers.cc which worked the same way and never had a problem for the 6+ years I was on there. By sending files via email you can send larger file sizes and saves on hosting costs.

If you requested a dvd cover on UC this is what you would receive in an email (obviously higher resolution)

Image Image

thanks for the feedback, will pass it on.