Preferred way to replace your own already accepted image?

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Preferred way to replace your own already accepted image?

Post by Dybal »

Besides deciding this before submitting the image? :oops: It's a banner in this case. Decided I didn't like what I did with the logo and tried it a different way which I much prefer.
Mordred

Re: Preferred way to replace your own already accepted image

Post by Mordred »

As a mod, I'd prefer you mark the original as needing replacement, and then upload the new one you think is better, making sure you put a comment saying that it's a replacement for your own image. We can then decide which one we like best. It's rare, but I've run into the situation where someone thinks they found a better image than the one that just got approved, but the first had higher overall quality.
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dybal »

Will do. In this case it's the same image, but different logo placement. Main thing is I only want one version of it whether the new one or the old one. Thanks.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

I think it was you I talked to. But in case it wasn't, or for future reference :)
Just report the image with an explanation message and we'll take care of it.
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dybal »

It was me, thanks. Looks like leepenny removed the old image as you were approving the new one. :mrgreen:
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

In my head, I think this is the easiest way for all parties ;

1) Report your original image. (The "Report" button under the image) Write that this is your own image and that you wish to replace it because of whatever reason.

2) Wait for a moderator to have a look at it. As soon as a moderator has marked your images as to be replaced, you can continue to the next step.

3) Upload your replacement with the "Replace" button that now have appeared under your original image.

To me this is the easiest way for everyone when you want to replace a image ;) Any thoughts?
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
ZincRider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZincRider »

Ideally we would have one image for every release (if there are no alternate covers), so using the report button sure is the way to go. The question is: how can the moderator judge if the user has a better image at hand without seeing it first? It may be hard to see issues without having a better version to compare with.
Maybe we need another button that allows the user to suggest replacement and upload a better image at the same time..
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

ArieS wrote:I think it was you I talked to. But in case it wasn't, or for future reference :)
Just report the image with an explanation message and we'll take care of it.
This is the preferred way to handle this and has worked fine for years.