text on uploads

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
Ztrust

text on uploads

Post by Ztrust »

Hey.
Please dont misunderstand im not upset or angry im just trying to understand.
I uploaded a poster for sin city and it was denied because it had text that said frank millers sin city, so I removed it and it got aproved.
but I saw a poster here on fanart.tv for The Flash (2014) https://fanart.tv/series/279121/the-flash-2014/ that says
he searched for the impossible then he became it THE FLASH
I dont unstand the logic in thats ok, but not the other.

Regards
Ztrust
Nopealope
VIP
VIP

Re: text on uploads

Post by Nopealope »

"Posters can be textless or include a logo or logo & tagline (no exceptions, no other text is allowed)"

I agree that it should be easier to find the "rules" for submitting images. They're located here: https://fanart.tv/movie-fanart/
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Thanks for joining the community Ztrust,
it seems you found the forums ok and this is the correct place to get information you cannot find elsewhere.
At the bottom of every page on the main site there is a help section. The most notable link is the "Getting Started" link which you will also find below in my signature.

This site has been set up to have a very clean an uncluttered interface so some things are not immediately obvious. I highly recommend that any new users start with the Getting Started link, and inside that page is another link for "Navigating Fanart.tv". (also located in my sig below) The 2 links should explain just about everything you need to know to start using the site properly and get the most of what we have to offer.

It would be a mistake not to familiarize yourself with the rules if you plan on contributing content. We try to offer only the best fanart available on the web and we have a team of volunteers that help to maintain that goal by moderating every single image that is submitted to make sure all the rules are adhered to. This makes our offerings consistent so you know what to expect when sourcing our site for fanart. This can also lead to loads of frustration for users who have not familiarized themselves with the rules, not to mention the moderators who have to take the time to write out deny messages for something that was outlined in the rules. Our goal is to help those who wish to contribute to the site by offering advice where we can and by creating tutorials to help users get their artwork approved. Most everyone that I know on the site is not a Graphic Artist by trade and has learned from the advice of others and followed the tutorials offered here to hone their craft.

I hope you enjoy your stay and find the information you need. Feel free to post again with anything you don't understand.
Ztrust

Post by Ztrust »

Thank you for the answers.
Makes sence