- Moderators are volunteers who do this to support the site and the community. We are obviously passionate about what we do because most of the time it’s a thankless job. We all have lives and we also enjoy doing our own artwork.
- Moderating would be a trivial job if everyone read and followed the rules and uploaded perfect artwork. Unfortunately this is not the case as we are all human and even us mods (well me at least) still make oversights from time to time. We don’t moderate our own images and we have to wait just like everyone else.
- Mass denials are the worst. We get a lot of people who really want to support the site and upload a ton of images with the best intentions but never took the time to really grasp the rules and get all of their images denied, then get discouraged. The point here is we have to write an explanation for every denied image which can take a huge amount of time, and it’s not fun to tell someone who obviously put in a lot of effort that their work isn’t good enough. Nobody wins here and it takes time away from moderating images that should be approved.
- Not all mods moderate every image type. Most of the mods here are specialists who moderate the types of images they work on themselves which makes it easier to spot the common mistakes for those types and to keep a consistency among those types.
- It just takes a lot more time to moderate every single image than most people realize. We are always looking for good people to help out with this, so if you think you have the chops to give us a hand, please speak up. It would be wonderful to have a zero pending at the end of each day.
Sometimes you might see other images in your pending category get approved while yours wasn’t. There can be a few reasons for this.
- You submitted it before and a mod asked you to make some changes. Most of the time other mods will bypass these so the original mod can asses the changes.
- You have a lot of images that need work and the mod doesn’t have the time to write denial explanations for all of them at the time, but doesn’t want to prevent the acceptable art from getting through in the limited time they have. If you think this might be the case, we implore you to reassess your art and look for your own mistakes and save us the time of having to write a bunch of denials. You can delete your own submissions from the dashboard, fix them and resubmit.
The video on that page will show you how we actually check the work.
I hope this makes things a bit clearer for everyone.