Approved images being removed by moderator

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
leepenny

Re: Approved images being removed by moderator

Post by leepenny »

Kevin, we can argue this point until we are blue in the face - the inital post was made because you thought your logos should be on the db - simple answer - as they stand they won't be - you need to amend them - I am not going to keep discussing the same point - we are all adults here - make the changes and they will be allowed - or not - the ball is in your court.
The moderators decision is final - no ifs, ands or buts - if you continue to discuss a worthless point then I will be forced to lock the thread.
LeePenny (Head mod)
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

I have to support leepenny on this one.
According to fanart.tv rules, it states;

Moderator decisions are FINAL.

Let's be adults here and discuss images and cases in a normal manner.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
clerk13

Post by clerk13 »

I'm having an issue with this now, too. I just had 3 submissions that had been accepted and on the site for MONTHS removed for whatever reasons. One because "it wasn't centered correctly", when it very certainly was. I'm just curious as to why everything I'm submitting lately is being scrutinized left and right, even when i'm VERY clearly following the rules for submission.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Ok, this already is alarming!

If someone reads this post, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

All the moderators work here are TOTALLY FREE, so the site will never be a full 100% inspection checks, although we try. Sometimes the moderators get tired after working in the real world and etc. and then go to check pending image and approve of what should not be approved. But this error is not only moderator, but a user. Because users do not always immediately understand the rules.
clerk13 wrote:I'm just curious as to why everything I'm submitting lately is being scrutinized left and right, even when i'm VERY clearly following the rules for submission.

Someone check them now and found flaws. That's why your logos was denied now.

With respect, Shevman!
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

Hi clerk13
Sorry to hear that you think that your images were OK and that you disagree with A) The person that reported your work and B) The moderator(s) that denied them.
I double checked as was curious even though I back the moderators 100% and - everyone is correct, that is, your images ARE in fact aligned incorrectly or incorrectly sized (sorry to tell you)
The simple way to fix this is to correctly align or resize your images and re-up them and they will be allowed - no problem.
As far as your work being scrutinzed I'm sure that there isn't a vendetta against you :) . People look at EVERYONES images all the time for flaws.
I had an image of mine reported a couple of days ago that had been here for about 2 years. Now the difference is I went straight into my graphics program and fixed it straight away and was approved - no problem. I feel you are maybe making a small issue into something more sinister - your images were removed from the database because they went against the rules.
The time I have spent typing this you could have re-done the logos and they would be approved and back on the database............................
I suggest you have a go at that in case someone else jumps in ! ;)
shevman

Post by shevman »

leepenny,
clerk13 not of those people who will spend the time to re-upload because he himself said it to me.
All we can do is to give the answers, not to provide options.
leepenny wrote:I feel you are maybe making a small issue into something more sinister -
unfortunately I agree with this
leepenny wrote:The time I have spent typing this you could have re-done the logos and they would be approved and back on the database............................
Some of user is easier to spend time on the discussion, than listen moderators, again re-done and re-upload.