Images being replaced with HD NOT by original poster

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
Tolerant

Images being replaced with HD NOT by original poster

Post by Tolerant »

I noticed a banner across the website that states this:
Welcome to 2016 :P
We have changed the size of TV Thumbs and Season Thumbs to 1000x562. We encourage you to replace your previous, smaller, versions with bigger ones. If you do, please report your older ones for deletion. The older images are grandfathered! It means they will not be removed unless the original uploader reports them. Close
Ok good to know my contributions for images are going to stay up and continue to count as my uploads.. however, a short while ago an image was suddenly denied after it has been approved already for quite awhile, simply so it could be replaced with a higher res image.

So I am asking for someone to tell me, is this "banner" text going to be honored or just dismissed on a per mod or per image or per user basis?

Frankly I have to admit I was a bit ticked off to read one thing that is posted clear as day on the site and then have image(s) I have uploaded not be held to the same "promise" to me as a user.

Thoughts?
leepenny

Re: Images being replaced with HD NOT by original poster

Post by leepenny »

I'm sorry to hear that a mistake has been made and your image was denied - hmm - looks like it could have just been a moderator not up to speed (mods are human as well - apart from Aries he's a moderating machine :) ) - Did you message the moderator that denied it to reprise them on the ruling ? - I can see the image in question in the denied queue - an image for 'The Good Place' - correct - I will message the moderator myself to refresh him on the ruling. Unfortunately I cannot reinstate the thumb in question - maybe Kode can do it or an admin but they would have to chime in here.
I am also here to say a yes, the rule will be honored - seems like all mods are on the same page now, so to speak, but if it does happen again don't hesitate to message me or admin to resolve the issue.
And once again I apologize on the behalf of the mod who made a mistake.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi Tolerant,

I think your denied image was my fault - sorry ! I now remember reporting an image as it had been replaced by a larger version by a different member, which prompted me to send a group message to the moderators on the subject.

(I must have closed my yellow banner without properly digesting the information)

So the subject of Higher Res images has now been discussed and clarified among the moderators and so there shouldn't be any futher issues.

I have to admit that once the subject had been discussed and clarified, I forgot that it was the reporting of your image that prompted me in the first place - Again, my apologies for that.

Esky.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Hey Tolerant,
Yeah, it's was my a mistake! :-(

I already talked with the Admins and the Mods:
I wrote: Oh I forgot about this a the yellow banner….. a long time ago I added it to the list of blocked items, because it irritated me so I haven’t seen his.
I then was not aware of these rules. But now I them know :-P

So as it was my mistake, I'm ready fix it misunderstanding!
Please, you can make your new and I approve of it :-)

I've terribly sorry for the hassle in all of this!
Tolerant

Post by Tolerant »

Thanks for the response, I am not as concerned with a single image as I was the process behind it being denied and replaced without my involvement. But if everyone is on the same page now, then that is all that matters. Thanks guys.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Tolerant wrote:I am not as concerned with a single image
I am glad that you are not so much concerned because of one image. Hopefully now everyone is happy, and we can safely continue to do our art. :D
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

I don't think the image can be restored, unfortunately.
Tolerant, here's a new image for you to upload: https://www.dropbox.com/s/41knqbjjsnhja5s/Good.jpg?dl=0

:)
Tolerant

Post by Tolerant »

There is still a version up there, so no worries, that works for me. I can't see the point in re-uploading a lower res image. Consider it resolved, thanks.