Upload Limits

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upload Limits

Post by Kode »

It would be simple to code, the code is already in place to remove ads for people who donate, I think we need another group rather than AF member though, because I think people sign up to that because they want to help out the site, but don't want to participate in the annual meetings, which makes it difficult to hold annual meetings as there is a minimum attendance % in order to hold one.

Maybe something simple like Premium member, but I don't really know what we could offer and whether people would get annoyed at us having premium accounts.

On the other hand we are down on where we need to be really (£337 / ~£1540 when we should be at around £513 as we are 1/3 through the year) so it might help.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Well I'm definitely game for it.
Not exactly sure how to implement though as far as requirements. It really should be available only to people that have had a certain amount of images approved. Not sure if a denial ratio is practical though.
What would be a fair donation price and what would the ceiling be for amount of images a person could upload.
Any thoughts?
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

I think it sounds like great idea. If you are a premium member, you should be able to upload more than 10+ images at the time. For myself, I've been frustrated a couple of times already not being able to upload more images because I've reached the limit :-) It's better to have moderation on this site rather than not having it at all. This is a great way to control the all over quality of the site. At the same time we can help out paying the bills, to keep Fanart.tv alive.

Another thought is to have a limit of how many images you can download if you're not a premium member. Don't get me wrong, I believe that one of the things that makes the site so great is that you can download how many images you'd like. My best guess is that this wil ruin the site more than it helps.

For my own sake I love to contribute to the site and upload images all day long, but I still use the archive to make my own media collections look freakin' awesome. You've done some amazing work with this site, guys - and I'll keep uploading images on a daily basis from now own (just been a member here a couple of days) ;)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules