I've never been a public speaker but I bit the bullet since I keep getting asked to do these with sound.
This is going to be a series aimed at helping anyone new to gimp and how to get going from a fresh install. There are plenty of guides on the net for installation so I'll leave that to you.
The series will cover everything from the first opening, setting preferences, installing filters and plugins, and then doing an actual project. I'm sure I'll screw up along the way, so please post here for anything I missed or want more information on. If it's not planned for a future episode of this series, I can address them here.
All videos will be available in HD, so make sure you select HD for playback on youtube. (click the gear icon and select 1080p)
Part 1 Topics:
- General usage information.
- Setting up a few key preferences.
- Partial explanations of menus.
- Image navigation.
- Introduction to paint brushes.
- Short intro to layers.
- Plugin/Script Folders
- Plugin Browser
- Installing Script Files
- Installing key plugins
- Intro to Script-Fu
- Cover anything missed in part-1 (Edit and View Menu items)
- Scripts used in Part 2
- Create Fanart.tv Background
- Create Fanart.tv Poster
- Tools: Crop & Clone
- Color Tools: Levels & Hue-Saturation
- Filters: Heal Selection & Sharpen
- Create Fanart.tv HDLogo pt1
- Tools: Path & Text
- Misc: Gimp Themes
- Misc: Gimp Fonts
- Ref: Font Identification Info
- Create Fanart.tv HDLogo pt2
- Tools: Path Tool
- Filters: Path, Shapes & Bevel Selection
- Ref: Script Pack
- Render Image for use in a HDClearart
- Tools: Path, Color Erase, Curves & Dodge/Burn