Upload Request Comments

Content for the site and social networks, have any ideas? Let us know about it.
mihawk90

Upload Request Comments

Post by mihawk90 »

Hey there :)

I know this might be a stupid question or maybe I'm just blind, but when I'm in the Dash Board I just can't find any Comments entered into Upload requests.
Also the sorting in general seems a bit off, they are grouped by artist but nothing more, I'm somewhat missing the point of selecting an album in the request.

Maybe someone with more insight can explain the Requesting process to me? :)

Don't get me wrong but as I see it now the whole process is somewhat pointless :|

Sometimes I add Notes to requests I uploaded to explain something but I just can't find the comments :D
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Upload Request Comments

Post by Paszt »

mihawk90 wrote:Hey there :)

I know this might be a stupid question or maybe I'm just blind, but when I'm in the Dash Board I just can't find any Comments entered into Upload requests.
Currently, only moderators can see the comments. I've just recently noticed this - I'll see if Kode can make the comments available to everyone.
mihawk90 wrote:Also the sorting in general seems a bit off, they are grouped by artist but nothing more, I'm somewhat missing the point of selecting an album in the request.
In the dashboard, it does only show the artist. On the overview pages of the main site, it shows the album as well. You can see the request for music here: http://fanart.tv/music-fanart/
mihawk90 wrote:Don't get me wrong but as I see it now the whole process is somewhat pointless :|
Many requests are filled daily, so I wouldn't say they are pointless at all. I recently filled a cdArt request for Amy MacDonald's Love Love UK & European Tour LIVE 2010 album. We don't keep records of the requests, but I thought you were the one who requested it, though I may be wrong.

I started your In Flames Subterranean request, but got sidetracked.

There are a lot of requests shown for the music section & cdArt in general, but I think there was some problem with the request system for a while where filled requests didn't get removed. Maybe someone with access can clean it up.
There's also the issue of high quality sources not being available to fill a request.
mihawk90

Post by mihawk90 »

Uh, thanks for the link, didn't see the requested tab there yet, it's a little bit cleaner there :)

With pointless I didn't mean the process as a whole but the commenting function, but when at least moderators can read it it's fine. I just thought they got burried deep down in the system :)

The Amy Macdonald thingys were mine, yes. I was uploading a few requests over the last few weeks, I tried providing some higher resolution pics at least, but I know everyone's doing this in his freetime so I don't mind if it takes a while.

But couldn't requests be shown on the artist pages as well? Maybe even with status indicators ("requested", "in progress", "denied", "source material missing", etc), I don't know how much work that would be to be honest. Just some random thoughts :D
primecut
VIP
VIP

Post by primecut »

I was about to start a new topic when I saw this one. Any chance comments will be displayed for everyone? I'm often looking at the request section but without comments I never know what the requester actually wants when all I see are 5 completely different images for a show/movie that already has a full set of everything.