Turbo-Charge your browser for fanart.tv

Content for the site and social networks, have any ideas? Let us know about it.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Turbo-Charge your browser for fanart.tv

Post by akovia »

***ATTENTION***
=========================================================================================================================
The site was upgraded today and now supports SSL. (8/01/14). This change has broken all scripts and css listed here.
I've updated the imagus mod script, but you will need to manually fix all the css yourself.
I've you are using Stylish, just edit each style by adding another entry for the "Applies To" at the bottom.
Click the "Add" button, choose "URLs Starting With" from the dropdown selector, then paste this text in the box...
https://fanart.tv/
Click save and you should be good to go. You may need to refresh the page if it doesn't work immediately.
=========================================================================================================================

Well not really, but I've put together a video explaining how to add some special browser extensions, userscripts, and css styles to help improve your browsing experience.
Most of these were written by moderators for moderators, but there is no reason others can't use them as well.

This first video is targeted for Chrome users and goes over how to use and install these features.
Almost everything can be achieved using Firefox as well, except the custom Chrome extension written by Mordred.

Make sure to watch in HD for best results.

Here are the links referred to in the video.
Chrome Extension Temp Fix
*Updated again to fix new thumbnail addresses.* [8/7/14]
(This is a temporary fix for those who can't wait, and will require a manual install.)
1. Remove old Extension. --> Menu > Tools > Extensions --> Click Trash can beside extension.
2. Download File Fanart-Chrome-Extension 0.6.5 and save it somewhere.
4. Drag file "extension_0_6_5.crx" to the open Chrome/Chromium Extensions page.
5. Enjoy!
This video is targeted for Firefox users. The links above still apply except for the custom site style. The Firefox specific links are located below the video.

imagus-script_0.7.zip
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Turbo-Charge your browser for fanart.tv

Post by schimi2k »

google chrome disable my imagus mod today ! and i cant activate it anymore, because its not from the chrome store :(
any idea ?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

You should be able to install it from the chrome store. The mod is separate.
vicmanpergar
VIP
VIP

Post by vicmanpergar »

schimi2k wrote:google chrome disable my imagus mod today ! and i cant activate it anymore, because its not from the chrome store :(
any idea ?
Only ur imagus, or other extensions as well?
happened ot me, and after a lot of searching, i just had to log on Chrome Account to recover everything. Why happened ? no idea.
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

google disable ALL plugins from external sources !!! ON NORMAL CHROME AND JUST ON WINDOWS PC´s (YET) !!!
u can still use external plugins when u use develope versions or the canary version ( i try this version atm - its 64bit and atm it works ... )
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

It works on my Windows 7 computer at work, but the plugin to change the background color has been deactivated - and I can't activate it again :( Any ideas on how I can get it back? :P F***ing Google!

On my Mac at home it hasn't been deactivated, and I'm not planning on upgrading as long it won't work...
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

see my post above ^^ use the dev version or canary ;) and only windows versions have this deactivation - linux and mac users can still use 3rd party plugins :(
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

If you don't want to use the unstable builds, you can also use the tampermonkey plugin.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Good tip, Paszt! :) I'll give that a try.
This is my computer at the office, not very easy to install any unstable builds then :)

Thanks!
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

tamponmonkey works like a charm :) ... i mean tampermonkey hihi