Any chance of changing the 1 MB upload limit to 1.5?

Content for the site and social networks, have any ideas? Let us know about it.
CrazyJoe

Any chance of changing the 1 MB upload limit to 1.5?

Post by CrazyJoe »

fanart.tv is the absolute best site for high quality cdart, cover art, etc. but I have to ask you to reconsider the 1 MB limit that is placed on uploaded images. I have some high quality cdart and have tried to remove unecessary kbs without sacrificing quality but still cannot fit the 1MB limit. I am sticking to the template which is 1000x1000 and haven't shrunk any images because I don't think they will be accepted at a smaller size. I think if you changed the limit to 1.5 MB it would help this wonderful site grow an even more impressive collection at a faster rate. Just a thought, but I do think it is a good one. If there is a reason this can't be done or if you have any tips on what I can do to make my images fit the limit or if I am just stupidly overlooking something please let me know. Thank you.
mediacentral

Re: Any chance of changing the 1 MB upload limit to 1.5?

Post by mediacentral »

leepenny wrote:I posterize my images if too big (png.s) - then use smushit - http://www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/
This way I can sometimes half the size of my images without losing any clarity. (sometimes more than 2 mb !! )

From a thread here discussing someone who had a similar issue with some solutions to lower filesize.

http://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=140
CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

I've already used smush.it. I'll check out the thread. Thanks for the reply.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

Use a combination of posterizing and a png optimizer. The cdArt template has posterize adjustment layers, decreasing the number of colors will help reduce file size.
There are many png optimizers that work better than smush.it, on Windows I prefer ScriptPNG.