Refresh Servers To Get Artwork Showing

Content for the site and social networks, have any ideas? Let us know about it.
eko p

Refresh Servers To Get Artwork Showing

Post by eko p »

Hello

Recently I added a movie into my xbmc database and the discart wasn't showing up. I asked around and a fellow Mod-admin user explained the server has to be refreshed in order of some *new* artwork to be shown in xbmc panel when choosing artwork.

So here is a example:

Movie : http://fanart.tv/movie/642/butch-cassid ... dance-kid/

If the movie never had a discart prior to the one uploaded it won't show up in xbmc. Now if you understand me correctly this issue is only for no artwork at all in that section. If the section has a discart it will be added under the pull menu of your skin. My files are named according to xbmc's export video library - nfo's etc...

I've hit refresh on the movie and use local files. and in the menu to pick the artwork still doesn't show discart. Also tried manual, No luck..

So currently looks like this and I've had the movie in my database for over a week and still hasn't cached..

Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Refresh Servers To Get Artwork Showing

Post by Paszt »

“If the movie never had a discart prior to the one uploaded it won't show up in xbmc.” - I'm not exactly understanding this. Are you saying there was no cdArt available on fanart.tv when you first did a search with XBMC and then a cdArt was uploaded and approved , but you still can't see the disc in your XBMC search results?

If so, I believe the issue is probably with XBMC caching the search results. Martijn is an admin here on fanart.tv and is also involved in the development of XBMC. He told me on IRC one time that XBMC caches the search results for 10 days. So you won't get new results until 10 days after you last searched. I just checked the page and it shows 1 week 3 days (same as in your screenshot), so your XMBC search cache should be expiring soon and you should see it after it does. You can tell when XBMC isn't doing a new search when the results window is display rather quickly; when it does a new search, there will be a slight delay.

This also bugs me - I wish there was a way to force a new search with XBMC. But I guess I can understand that the developers want to limit the load on the artwork sites' APIs.
eko p

Post by eko p »

Paszt wrote:“If the movie never had a discart prior to the one uploaded it won't show up in xbmc.” - I'm not exactly understanding this. Are you saying there was no cdArt available on fanart.tv when you first did a search with XBMC and then a cdArt was uploaded and approved , but you still can't see the disc in your XBMC search results?
No, I mean the discart got uploaded and approved before I added the movie in my xbmc. So did all the steps - upload movie, update library, download artwork, export video library (nfo), edited my preference of artwork. THEN go into xbmc hit refresh on the movie, use local files, choose art and the discart doesn't show up still even through its in the movie folder named like the screenshot in the original post.

Also here is a example : pick a movie with no fanart. A mod uploads a clearlogo, discart, clearart it gets approved. THEN you add the movie into xbmc do all the steps, refresh the movie those fanart won't show in xbmc when choosing. See missing the discart.

BUT if a movie has previous fanart as I said above, When choosing art in xbmc panel it will show you the fanart.

So as I said a mod-admin informed me it takes time as the fanart.tv api has to be refreshed. So I've been refreshing the movie every 2-3 days.. Nothing as of yet.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

What server are you talking about when you say refresh server? If the file is in your local hard-drive, why would a server refresh be needed?

Anyway, shouldn't cdArt/discArt be name disc.png instead of discart.png?

I just added Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) to my XBMC, searched and found all the available artwork here on fanart.tv, including the cdArt:

eko p

Post by eko p »

Servers I mean fanart.tv ones. But that's one of my thoughts as I have all fanart locally on my Nas.

It's named like this because when I export video library xbmc makes the files.

I'll delete the movie in xbmc then update library again. Or I think I have to name the fanart like most people do :
clearart.png
disc.png
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
Clearlogo.png

Ahh ! Have over 500 movies.. Well time to start renaming... =O
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

no refreshing on our side necessary at the moment, the slave hasn't gone out of sync in the last 3 days so it must be on the xbmc side
eko p

Post by eko p »

So I added the movie Being There (1979) as LeePenny uploaded the discart for it but this time named the file Being There (1979).Blu-Ray Disc-discart.png to just disc.png. Hit refresh and first did locally found info i.e the nfo didn't show the disc. So tried refresh use internet nothing. So i'm at a lost.. guess ill head over xbmc forums to ask this issue..
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

ok so you have disc.png in your folder now - just refresh the movie then run artwork downloader from the programs section.
eko p

Post by eko p »

yup did that nothing. doesn't even show choose disc under the choose fanart menu. Ill debug and show it I guess.
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

have you ticked the box in artwork downloader to use local files - it should pick up local files first and if not found use the internet to find additional art (where applicable)
btw you must run artwork downloader from programs section not from the movie info panel