Image Advice Requests

Get help on how to create or improve an image.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Image Advice Requests

Post by akovia »

This is the place to get help on how to tackle that image you want to do, but not sure how to go about it.
You can also get help on trying to improve an image you are working on.

Just some general advice from staff or anyone else that wants to help out someone struggling with an image. Feel free to take or leave any advice you get unless it's a staff member telling you that something needs to be fixed to be approved. (of course)

So the idea is to post an image link and ask what you need help with. Anyone can share their tips or tricks on how "they" would do it.
(Please be mindful of dead links. Try to host the image where it can be accessed reliably if at all possible. Hopefully the advice given here can be used as reference material.)

This thread is not a substitution for reading the basic rules though. The basics are covered in the links posted in my signature.

Each image/image set should have it's own thread.
swsmith1971

Re: Image Advice Requests

Post by swsmith1971 »

I have a question...There's a CDArt that is tagged as needs to be replaced due to leveling, I downloaded the image, leveled it in photoshop, and saved it. Tried to upload it but it fails due to size of file (1.7mb). I tried saving file as small as possible which only reduced to the file size to 1.6mb. I'm not sure what else I can do to reduce file size.
shevman

Re: Image Advice Requests

Post by shevman »

Hello swsmith1971,
it can do here so:

1) to use an adjustment layer "Posterize"
2) to use Online Image Сompressor
https://imagecompressor.com/