Poster - The Bat

Get help on how to create or improve an image.
mediacentral

Poster - The Bat

Post by mediacentral »

Here's a link to the TMDB page: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/35813-the-bat

Here is the image in question.

The first question I have, is about the 'Warning'. Would that be considered part of the cover, or should it be removed, as in the following picture?

Second, It seems to me like the moire is 'supposed' to be there. Because the title doesn't have it, and I haven't made any changes there. Agreed? Or should I try to smooth it? :cry:
leepenny

Re: Poster - The Bat

Post by leepenny »

remove warning :) - and moire is part of the original - see original poster here
http://wrongsideoftheart.com/wp-content ... ter_01.jpg
so yes on this occasion moire is good
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

did some digging on USA movie poster auctions and found a scan of original poster
http://www.doctormacro.com
Imageseems like original poster DIDNT have this much 'moire'/'stylization' - go figure ? - personally this image is much cleaner and would make for a better poster
mediacentral

Post by mediacentral »

Thanks for the link, I had seen that one as well, however, I wasn't sure I wanted to mess with trying to re-arrange it to poster aspect ratio. :P

Anywhoo, I took the image above and played around with it for a bit, and this is what I came up with.

In the upper right corner, I feel like i have too much of an abrupt transition from the blurred dark blue to the 'light blue with dark blue lines' Any thoughts on how to make this smoother/less noticeable?

Also, her big toe was partially hidden behind the B of 'The Bat', any thoughts on how to make it not look like she had her toe cut off?

Any other comments anyone has are welcomed and appreciated.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

I would use the same tools to fix both things.
A combination of the Clone/stamp tool & the healing tool. Use the clone tool with a very small 75% hardness brush to clone in the rest of the toe. You can try to paint it in directly, but trying to match the varying colors can be tricky. Using the clone tool let's you paint with the exact colors you need. When you have it close to what you want, use the heal tool to help blend it in.

At the top I would again start by cloning from the left where the lines are still very distinct and get it as close as possibly. Then use the heal tool to make the blend seamless.

You may be able to use a content aware fill at the top, but you will still need to blend it in with the heal tool where it meets. I'd make a little video to show you, but I'm not at home and won't be back till Sunday. I'm sure you will figure it out before then, but if not, just ask.

Cheers