Bump Font / Roman Effect

Get help on how to create or improve an image.
muppa
VIP
VIP

Bump Font / Roman Effect

Post by muppa »

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a clearlogo for the movie "Constantine". I already have a clean path for the logo itself, but I cannot get the "bumped" (or sometimes called "Romanian") effect of the font right. I searched around the internet now for a while, but cannot find a good instruction/tutorial for this; or at least which is applicable to this specific case. I tried with shrinking the selection of the path and applying a shadow and also the Bump filter itself. Either I did it wrong or it did not give me the proper results :D.

As I am still a learner in this area I hoped I would find here some tips on how to get this done right :).

P.S.: I use GIMP.

Thanks !
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (39.62 KiB) Viewed 19193 times
shevman

Re: Bump Font / Roman Effect

Post by shevman »

Hey muppa, I didn't use GIMP, but I think that it is not much different from photoshop.
This is done using the Layer style!

Here is a look here: http://sendvid.com/iurh2lra
muppa
VIP
VIP

Post by muppa »

Whoa :shock:

There is not easier way ? Impressive, until I can do that a few lightyears will pass :D ... I do not really know how you have done that.
muppa
VIP
VIP

Post by muppa »

Found a corresponding effect in GIMP within the Layer Effect Plugin called "Bevel and Emboss" :). Will play around with that a bit and hopefully have the logo ready soon.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Sorry muppa, meant to respond sooner but have been busy with a new puppy. :P
You found exactly what I was going to suggest. I can tell you that it will certainly do this effect but might take quite a bit experimentation. The bevel and Emboss options are quite thorough and I still haven't mastered them, but you should be able to figure it out. Let me know if you run into trouble and I'll see what I can do.
shevman

Post by shevman »

akovia wrote:...and I still haven't mastered them...
Hmm...
Really in GIMP all so difficult? :o
Me became interested how it is done!
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

shevman wrote:
akovia wrote:...and I still haven't mastered them...
Hmm...
Really in GIMP all so difficult? :o
Me became interested how it is done!
Not everything is difficult in gimp, but the layer effects plugin was written by someone else and I don't think they left out a single possible option. It's not that it's difficult at all, but just so many options that it can be hard to remember them all. Especially an old fart like me and my chronic dementia. :?