FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to Reject Poor Images in REQUESTS

Please report any errors you you see on the site related to the Database
adamforeman

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to Reject Poor Images in REQUESTS

Post by adamforeman »

I have looked at the requests page and often thought that it would be a good idea for the contributors with admin confirmation for final decision.

The reason for this is so the requests can be tidied up. I have been contacted by the user "kaylornow" countless times not only to friend me but to create their character artwork listed in the request section. Even though I have replied that the quality of the images are far too poor, they continue to message me and never add new higher quality images for their requests.

Having the ability to remove them from the requests section will stop this and perhaps give the final message to the user that their images aren't good enough. Also I see a duplicate for one of the Rick & Morty images I have already done.

I've posted this thread here under Housekeeping as I thought it would be the most appropriate place.

Anyone have any thoughts? I assume KODE would have to create this option?

Cheers
Ad
simche

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to Reject Poor Images in REQUES

Post by simche »

I would add that we also need to impose a limit for requests and change the rules so that a user can request an image only for a category where no images exist already. The user "kaylornow" was taunting me also for the show “Caillou” and “Pokémon” where we already have 8 and 5 characterarts…
adamforeman

Post by adamforeman »

simche wrote:The user "kaylornow" was taunting me also for the show “Caillou” and “Pokémon” where we already have 8 and 5 characterarts…
I'm glad not the only one that gets these messages. The ability to remove poor images helps everyone. The user "kaylornow" just wont listen to me and perhaps the reason is that their requests are still there. If I consider them to be poor, I can highlight them for confirmation by an admin and then be removed. In this specific case, there is a little more to it in the fact that they are contacting contributors and begging for the images to be done. Also, the user is taking our hard work and using it to promote their site. Which obviously nobody has any control over that, but it's very annoying when they beg and message you all the time with poor images that is wasting everyone's time
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

He used to contact me as well as I made some of his requests in the past. Never got a thank you btw...
Anyway, I've removed some of his requests in the past, deleted some of his several accounts too.
I just stopped caring about it to be honest, but I will remove all of his shitty requests and see how it goes.
adamforeman

Post by adamforeman »

ArieS wrote: I will remove all of his shitty requests and see how it goes.
Thank you Aries! Hopefully by removing these crappy poor images they will get the message that we don't accept poor images for us to create vector quality reproductions for free.

Also, they have never sent me a thank you either. When you know they are taking them for their own site, a thank you is definitely in order.

Cheers

Ad