Limits

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
madclicker

Limits

Post by madclicker »

Thanks guys for making the api-key so easy to get.

I am going to roll my app out in alpha soon and want to clarify what limits you would like me to place on user downloads.

In pre-alpha testing I have it set to download all art from tmdb and fanart (I only have movie processing so far).

Most of the art downloads always come from tmdb, but the cool stuff (clearart, etc) is all from fanart. I don't want to abuse the service, so I would like some limits defined early.

My app will go ballistic when I start promoting it. It is really cool.
leepenny

Re: Limits

Post by leepenny »

My app will go ballistic when I start promoting it. It is really cool..................
More info ? - or are you keeping us in suspense ? Da,da,dahhhhhhh.......?
madclicker

Post by madclicker »

leepenny wrote:My app will go ballistic when I start promoting it. It is really cool..................
More info ? - or are you keeping us in suspense ? Da,da,dahhhhhhh.......?
I guess I was bragging.

I edited my sig . ;)
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

No real limits are currently imposed, but if you could make use of the updates function though it will certainly help:
Updates

You can now get a list of all the movies that have been updated since you last checked, you can then match this list against local movies and just update those instead of checking for every single movie

http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/newmovi ... timestamp/

If you omit the timestamp then movies updated in the last 2 days will be returned, if included it must be a valid UNIX timestamp
So first time do a full scan through their movies and store the timestamp you made the check, then the next time find which movies have been updated since the last check and if any match the users movies just update those ones
bakslash

Post by bakslash »

there is already a ton of (good looking) similiar apps that offer more functions :roll: