API key is invalid or disabled.

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: API key is invalid or disabled.

Post by Kode »

Not sure about the main site, though traffic is up slightly, but the API is probably just down to the amount of traffic at the moment, there is a Kodi plugin that is hammering it, the author is looking into fixing it so that should hopefully calm down.

I'm currently trying to get some help to finish the new site, hopefully that will come to fruition as the new site will almost certainly be faster.

The other issue with the API server is that there are still about 25millions hits a month to the old API which is a lot more resource intensive than v3, the problem is that API is the only one that supports XML so I can't really just shut it off, so I either need to look at optiming that one better or adding XML support to the v3 API.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Oh crap! That explains a lot... ;)

Haven't you announced that there is a new version of the API? I've switched to V3 as soon as you told me about it. How long do you want to keep the V2 alive? I get the XML support though, but might be a idea to implement it to V3 as well. You know much more about this than I do :P

Can't wait for the new site! Any idea when it will be done? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
julio_c.silva

Post by julio_c.silva »

Hello guys.

I got a personal api key <https://fanart.tv/get-an-api-key/>, but i get the "error message": "API key is invalid or disabled".

help me?
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

I'll do my best. Can you please tell me how you are requesting data from fanart.tv with your API key? It will be much easier to help you if you do... :)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

The usual problem is using a personal API instead of a project API key. A personal API key in an optional extra, the project API key is mandatory.
Lanajot

API key is invalid or disabled

Post by Lanajot »

this option for hash api function for emulate last api version. For this have service - PokeHash - we make it possible. This service have a userkey - you get this key and write in bot.
Делаю сайты тут...
harrybowls

Post by harrybowls »

Also having the same issue, saying API key is disabled. (Using personal API key / Project API key is working)
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

@harrybowls not sure I understand what you are saying, it sounds like you are implementing it wrong though.