API response correct?

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
AlfredENeumann

API response correct?

Post by AlfredENeumann »

Hi,
I am just working on a new application which uses fanart.tv for background pictures. Most working fine right now, thanks for your efforts.
Right now I just habe a question where I am not sure if it is correct like that or a mistake in my app or a mistake on your site:

If I ask for music artist "Melanie Thornton" (mbid cbd6fd82-f2a4-4275-91bd-6b45de870f11), I get the response "HTTP Error 404: Not Found".
I know that there are no pictures (if I ask on the website I see that there are no pictures), but at least the artist is known. So my question:
- Shouldn't be the response "no pictures found" or something like that instead of HTTP Error?
- Or maybe the mbid in the database is wrong?

my request url: http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/music/cb ... i_key=xxxx

It is no big deal, as this is (up to now) my only "problem" I found. As I said, I just want to be sure that there is no problem on my side..
Thanks!
Alfred
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: API response correct?

Post by Kode »

That's just the response I decided to return when there were no images as it seemed the most relevant response, and people could use the headers to see if it was worth parsing the full page if they wanted (or parse the json returned anyway and ignore the header response).
AlfredENeumann

Re: API response correct?

Post by AlfredENeumann »

Ok, thanks for the fast answer - good to know and fine for me ...
Alfred