download stats

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
bakslash

download stats

Post by bakslash »

I thought request this on the forum would be a better idea instead of asking for it on irc.
I would love to see a new value on the API results for each image - downloads
To programmatically find probably the best picture - it often happens that there are multiple pictures with the highest number of likes - it would be kinda cool to have a second value to decide which one is better.

Current Result: 4 posters; Poster0: 2likes; Poster1:0 likes; Poster2: 2likes; Poster3:1like

Code: Select all

u'hdclearart': [
{
 u'url': u'http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/tv/250487/hdclearart/american-horror-story-50785048500ba.png',
 u'lang': u'en',
 u'id': u'22148',
 u'likes': u'3',
 u'downloads': u'87',        # new key
 },
{ .. }]
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: download stats

Post by Kode »

Not actually that useful, we used to count the API downloads, so whichever one was "liked" highest would have by far more downloads, we no longer do that (iirc) so there would be a big discrepancy
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

The more I think about this, the more I'm unsure. It seems a shame to lose seeing just how many downloads an image has, including API, but I can see where that could be deceiving. Even if it was a separate number just for API, it wouldn't represent what people liked most.

Maybe we could do this. Show either the total downloads for a show on the page somewhere, or per image type, that just grouped it all together. This would show how popular the show is with the combined on-site and API downloads combined?
This would make the on-site votes appear more relevant. (Which they are!)

Thoughts?
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I think you might have misunderstood me.

We no longer count downloads through the API at all, because the API database is seperate from the main database and is read-only.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Wait, so the only way an image's download number will increase now is by clicking the download button under the image? Everyone DLing from XBMC won't see an increase? How long has this been the case?
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

A year? The API runs from its own read only database.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

I guess that explains why my most downloaded cover has something like 80 downloads. I just figured no one listened to music I liked :)